T and M GRR

• 45 Replies

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: T and M GRR
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47 »
Mmm. ::)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18 »
Maybe not then  ::)

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 13:08 »
i have had the same thing ( no sarpo gwyn so sent lady balfour instead) but here is the good news: they are offering free p&p today and tomorrow so if you have a £5 voucher now is the time to use it.

thumperrabbit

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 16:20 »
i have had the same thing ( no sarpo gwyn so sent lady balfour instead) but here is the good news: they are offering free p&p today and tomorrow so if you have a £5 voucher now is the time to use it.

Unfortunately it can't be used with the free P&P.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 16:26 »
they are offering free p&p today and tomorrow so if you have a £5 voucher now is the time to use it.

What did you try to buy? I've done this before and "bought" veg seeds for....... free. :D

crh75

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 17:06 »
I actually found T&M very good for my seed spuds this year.  I ordered at the end of October and got all the varieties I asked for. 

The only issue I had was very quickly and easily resolved.  The order included five Pink Fir Apples, of which one was slightly damaged.  This turned mouldy so I emailed and a week or two later I they sent another five PFA.

Chris

Sparkyrog

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52 »
My email resulted in a refund  :) So I now have the £5 voucher a refund and the Cassablanca :D
I cook therefore I grow

simonwatson

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44 »
Have you read their T & C's?

"Should a specific variety not be available at the time of despatch, or if items are of unsuitable quality to send, we undertake to supply a variety of similar colour and habit, and of an equal or greater value or send the item when available."

I think you should also read the definition of fraud, which is a criminal offence, before making such allegations.

I think this term will fall foul of the Unfair Contract Terms act. You can paraphrase this term as "You might think you're buying X but I might choose for one reason or another to sell you Y". This would only be considered a fair term if backed up by something along the lines of. "If you decide the substitution is unacceptable you may return the goods for a full refund at no cost to you".

Having said all that, I think the OP got a refund after complaining so it sounds like that's the way they're acting.

Agatha

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 12:19 »
In my experience many big companies will send substitutes even if you say you want a refund, which is why I prefer dealing with small companies who seem to listen to their customers more and have a more individual approach.  I no longer deal with T&M directly after many unresolved issues, but what I do find annoying is receiving catalogues from other companies and when I order from them, some of the plants that arrive are supplied by T&M - and are of the poor quality which stopped me ordering from T&M in the first place!  I now place orders by phone and ask if any of the stock will be supplied by T&M and if so, say I don't want it, as this seems to be the only way around this problem.
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

The Hairy Pumpkins

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 17:43 »
Its just pseudo legal trickery imho.

Its no different to the pictures legally allowed/publicly accepted to be put on products that obviously does not equate to whats inside the packaging.
Its one thing to put an addition in your companies Terms and Conditions but altogether you were given something you did not ask for, making it that little bit harder for your companies competition to get your custom instead or still you lose your choice and have lost your buying power all together!

Its legal but a shrewd business tactic all the same, many people do not know there legal/statutory rights and dare not complain for wanting the easy life (that I understand) but in sparkrog's case he followed it up, many don't to T&Ms benefit.

I do happen to like T&M's seeds (T&C disclaimer, no carrots were harmed during the typing of this reply)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 17:51 »
Have you read their T & C's?

"Should a specific variety not be available at the time of despatch, or if items are of unsuitable quality to send, we undertake to supply a variety of similar colour and habit, and of an equal or greater value or send the item when available."

I think you should also read the definition of fraud, which is a criminal offence, before making such allegations.

I think this term will fall foul of the Unfair Contract Terms act. You can paraphrase this term as "You might think you're buying X but I might choose for one reason or another to sell you Y". This would only be considered a fair term if backed up by something along the lines of. "If you decide the substitution is unacceptable you may return the goods for a full refund at no cost to you". Having said all that, I think the OP got a refund after complaining so it sounds like that's the way they're acting.

It does.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/terms-of-business
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 17:55 »
Its just pseudo legal trickery imho.

Its no different to the pictures legally allowed/publicly accepted to be put on products that obviously does not equate to whats inside the packaging.
Its one thing to put an addition in your companies Terms and Conditions but altogether you were given something you did not ask for, making it that little bit harder for your companies competition to get your custom instead or still you lose your choice and have lost your buying power all together!

Its legal but a shrewd business tactic all the same, many people do not know there legal/statutory rights and dare not complain for wanting the easy life (that I understand) but in sparkrog's case he followed it up, many don't to T&Ms benefit.

I do happen to like T&M's seeds (T&C disclaimer, no carrots were harmed during the typing of this reply)

It is hardly pseudo legal trickery if the T&Cs are transparent from the start but people choose not to inform themselves of, or follow through on, their rights.  The T&Cs are standard across the industry and wider.

It is completely different from the trading standards issues related to mis-labelling or mis-advertising.

I agree that a website should state once a variety is out of stock, but sometimes the particular stock level is not yet known when advance orders are placed.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 17:58 »
Although I won't use them again out of choice I have to say they have acted fairly and honourably in this matter ! and in my case thats end off  :)

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 17:00 »

it can ive just done it.

thumperrabbit

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 17:56 »

it can ive just done it.

Agreed, I was 100% wrong as I assumed the voucher was an offer code not voucher! I stand corrected.

Page created in 0.804 seconds with 39 queries.