BFB and other requirements

• 5 Replies

Eblana

BFB and other requirements
« on: January 14, 2013, 15:01 »
Folks,

I got a voucher for a local garden centre for Christmas and was going to us it to buy some stuff that I need for the plot.  I was just looking at the vast array of lotions and potions that they have for applying to the soil and I was wondering what I would need.

I have Blood Fish and Bone, Epson Salts, Growmore and slug pellets on the list so far - is there anything else I should add?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: BFB and other requirements
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 15:04 »
Garden lime for the brassicas err ............a lot of people use seaweed feed/tonic :D

BabbyAnn

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 15:06 »
I always treat myself to a big bucket of chicken manure pellets and some potash (good for onions, garlic as well as fruits)  :D

And some bags of compost to start off those seeds

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 15:32 »
Pelleted chicken poo is good stuff but like Growmore is often on various sorts of offer (not to mention different weights of contents) so may not be good value at your particular GC.

If you are concerned about using conventional slug pellets get some "organic" ones as well - you can use the former under netting or other protection and the latter out in the open.

A soluble fertiliser like Miracle Grow or Phostrogen can be useful for giving struggling plants a quick boost.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 15:51 »
or even tomato feed if you grow them  :D

Christine

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 17:22 »
Tomato feed is also good for all the squash family, marrows, courgettes ....

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 38 queries.