What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #2025 on: July 30, 2013, 18:28 »
Collected my £20 greenhouse from 3 plots down and got 75% of it back together. Picked lettuce and spring onions for tea. Also got a text from sister in law saying my new spuds are best she has tasted ( she works as a cook!).

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2026 on: July 30, 2013, 20:05 »
Took out the peas and mangetout, they are finished.  Took the netting off the strawberries and cut off the runners.
Anne

miggs

« Reply #2027 on: July 31, 2013, 10:08 »
General tidy up really. Weeding, cut the grass paths, pulled a bit of Garlic, dug up some spuds. Also planted another 18 Cauliflower plants.

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #2028 on: July 31, 2013, 12:47 »
Tidied up and weeded asparagus bed. Sowed 2 rows of french beans just in time before it chucked it down!

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2029 on: July 31, 2013, 12:51 »
Hubby took up 4 slabs from the front garden, and came back with more courgettes and a bucket of weeds. Now all sat in the space he cleared on the drive  ::)Ho hum cant moan unless i can do it myself.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2030 on: July 31, 2013, 14:48 »
13 days to go BQ.  :D

But then i will be on light duties  >:( honestly nothing is ever simple. Why didnt we go for a december birth  ::)

Got a few neighbours eyeing up my slabs so more will be moved tonight, theiving £&@(?/!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2031 on: July 31, 2013, 14:50 »
Made a new brassica bed with higher hoops and netting for my PSB and other winter brassicas, attacked some more of the large jungle area (only managed to clear 3 barrows of weeds from there today) and then did some general tidying/weeding.

New shed arrives tomorrow....

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2032 on: July 31, 2013, 14:59 »
Not a lot - it's pouring down!!

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2033 on: July 31, 2013, 15:33 »
Same here but I suppose it saves me watering this evening!!!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2034 on: July 31, 2013, 15:39 »
That was us yesterday! Today if is grey and cool but dry so I managed to get lots done! I prefer to work when it is cooler...

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2035 on: July 31, 2013, 22:06 »
Took down the pea plants, took out the old strawberries.  Picked 4lb gooseberries, dabbed tcp on wounds.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2036 on: August 01, 2013, 16:03 »
Spent half an hour with my arms above my head trying to unwind the pot-grown climbing French beans from the wires near the apex of my greenhouse without damaging anything. These are the same beans I positioned on the same side as the tomatoes thinking that they would be over and done with by the time the tomatoes had got that high.

I thought wrong - they aren't over and done with, and the toms are up to the apex, but my patience was definitely done for so I resorted to the kitchen scissors in the end!  :mad:

Removed the sugarsnap peas earlier than expected due to pea thrips ruining the later pods, and sowed some mixed salad leaves and radish in their place.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

snowdrops

« Reply #2037 on: August 01, 2013, 16:20 »
Went up this morning whilst my plot neighbour H was there to have a chat, even though we spent a couple of hours together yesterday at another plotters funeral-RIP Alfie. Such a lovely man always laughing & joking, died suddenly the week before last.
Picked more blackcurrants,redcurrants,cherries & a mix of yellow & green french beans. Tied the runners to the poles-why do they always want to go up someone else's pole :wacko: Promiscuous I reckon.
back home swept the patio & applied Patio cleaner- H*ro- to try & get of the black mould spots that appeared over  last year & the winter. Mr S jet washed it a couple of weeks ago & although it made a difference it's still stained. Got Indian sandstone so I suspect not ideal for our climate.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2038 on: August 01, 2013, 16:39 »
New shed delivered at 11.30. It is roughly 600m from the closest delivery point to my plot so I had to drag it all down there in 30 degrees +. Needless to say I was a but worn out and grumpy by the time I had done that so building it was not high on the agenda! Looked at the weather forecast and our 5 dry days have now turned into a storm early tw morning so I had better go back down there and cover the vulnerable bits like the chipboard floor and roof grrr...

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2039 on: August 01, 2013, 19:55 »
Nothing for me, been having really low back pain all day and its getting worse so i am sat on the sofa and my chutney hasnt been done yet.

Hubby has however gone the plot with a flea in his ear as he hasnt watered or rubbed eggs off my cabbages so i have had to ditch about 40 they were seriously wrecked  >:( i am not a happy bunny to say the least.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 38 queries.