What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

blackberryjam

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1320 on: May 27, 2013, 20:10 »
Removed volunteer spuds about five in total,They looked ok clean in side. Watered in nematodes everywhere  :)

pompeyboy61

« Reply #1321 on: May 27, 2013, 20:12 »
Just pottered today , planted courgettes in raised bed, only 2 so far , to avoid previous years gluts. A row of chard , then canes into raised bed with runner beans in , then twine criss crossed for support. Some watering but forecast is rain on its way which will help all the emerging carrots , beetroots etc.Hope to get the runners beans and French beans hardened off to get into the plot next weekend. Then chatted to several plot holders which is always enjoyable . Work tomorrow so roll on the weekend.

LJB12

« Reply #1322 on: May 27, 2013, 20:51 »
Planted another 2 strawberry plants and 27 come and cut again lettuce. Mowed the path, and watered it all with the hose hubby has fixed up. 4 year old son enjoyed playing in the orchard with the walky talky so we could keep in touch with him.
I love our lottie, I really do.

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #1323 on: May 27, 2013, 21:07 »
We've had a great couple of days in the sun on the South Coast.

Yesterday, we created two further lasagne beds and planted up one which had been built a few weeks ago with a mix of cabbages and brassicas.

I also planted some calendula companion plants.

Today, we interplanted some carrots in between established onions.

We also finished the strawberry planting on the main fruit bed.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

rowan57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1324 on: May 27, 2013, 21:08 »
Rescued the rest of the onions, planted Beetroot, Radishes, Sweetcorn. Cleared more ground. I will win the battle :)

snowdrops

« Reply #1325 on: May 27, 2013, 22:03 »
Weeded where the asparagus is supposed to be,don't think it has made it. Hoed another mares tail bed,dug some of another mares tail bed. Was going to sow carrots but it was too windy-they'd have blown away. Hoed around the fruit trees & bushes. Had a cuppa & a couple of rests. Once home I washed every plant pot/tray in sight, only took 4 1/2 hours :wacko: I know I know it should have all been done by now but it wasn't. I was going to sow squash & sweetcorn but hadn't any of the pots I needed & once I'd started I thought I might as well carry on. As it was so windy I put them all in the greenhouse to dry,then when I was tidying a way i heard a crash & half the greenhouse bench had collapsed,crashing my carefully labelled tomato & chilli seedlings to the floor, along with some dahlia's,soya beans, all on to the freshly washed seed trays :mad: :mad: Now to order the proper staging/bench to match the greenhouse that I priced up at Malvern & decided to make do this year.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Ema

« Reply #1326 on: May 27, 2013, 22:15 »
Weeded and hoed, planted some runner beans at last

mrswashi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1327 on: May 27, 2013, 22:34 »
More weeding and digging - making my beds larger. Watched my two daughters make mud cake! Lovely

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1328 on: May 27, 2013, 23:06 »
planted up the new tyre pots, poly pots and potato sacks with a mix of mint, rosemary, horseradish and green beans (in different recepticles i hasten to add), then sowed beetroot and leaf beet, and adapted Aelf's milk bottle strawberry holders for trailing lobelia to (hopefully) attract some "good" pests to the plot!

Meanwhile o/h dug, weeded, adapted the compost bins my dad got from work so the front slats can come off, mended the walk in strawberry cage.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

J_B

• Experienced Member
  • Farmer J
« Reply #1329 on: May 27, 2013, 23:07 »
weeded weeded weeded weeded weeded
planted purple mange tout, raspberry canes and tayberry
cleared grass aroung gooseberries

allotmentann

« Reply #1330 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38 »
Weeded where the asparagus is supposed to be,don't think it has made it. Hoed another mares tail bed,dug some of another mares tail bed. Was going to sow carrots but it was too windy-they'd have blown away. Hoed around the fruit trees & bushes. Had a cuppa & a couple of rests. Once home I washed every plant pot/tray in sight, only took 4 1/2 hours :wacko: I know I know it should have all been done by now but it wasn't. I was going to sow squash & sweetcorn but hadn't any of the pots I needed & once I'd started I thought I might as well carry on. As it was so windy I put them all in the greenhouse to dry,then when I was tidying a way i heard a crash & half the greenhouse bench had collapsed,crashing my carefully labelled tomato & chilli seedlings to the floor, along with some dahlia's,soya beans, all on to the freshly washed seed trays :mad: :mad: Now to order the proper staging/bench to match the greenhouse that I priced up at Malvern & decided to make do this year.

I would have felt like crying after all that! Especially as I hate pot washing! Did you manage to rescue your plants?

Handy Andi

• Fowlers Family Allotment
« Reply #1331 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26 »
Planted out 3 winter squash and 5 gherkin plants under cloches, planted out loads of little gem lettuces and asparagus pea plants, and sown more radish and carrots - all while dodging the rain  ::)

blackberryjam

« Reply #1332 on: May 28, 2013, 12:37 »
No plot for me today I've got a Sore throat and it feels like I've swallowed a cactus, been put on penicillin,
Just my luck I'm supposed to go on the Norfolk broads at the end of the week. :(

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1333 on: May 28, 2013, 15:17 »
I am not sure any work will get done on ours today seen as it's rained since late yesterday and it's got no sign of stopping yet.

Shame really as I wanted to get stuff done

grendel

« Reply #1334 on: May 28, 2013, 15:20 »
rain stopped play today.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 38 queries.