What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

AK9

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #2625 on: December 07, 2013, 21:18 »
Weeding weeding and weeding..
It sounds weird but the ground is perfect for pulling couch grass roots and trying to find where the "answers" are.

On the other hand, it is nice to see the plot getting cleared. I am late most probably but if i have cleared enough tomorrow, will plant a blueberry bush.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2626 on: December 07, 2013, 22:04 »
Weeding, digging over, prepared a bean trech and realised that after my furst 9 months on the plot there is sooooooooooo much more left to do. Looking forward to my first full year coming up when I am prepared and have more time  :)

PudsTree

« Reply #2627 on: December 07, 2013, 22:11 »
Weeding, digging over, prepared a bean trech and realised that after my furst 9 months on the plot there is sooooooooooo much more left to do. Looking forward to my first full year coming up when I am prepared and have more time  :)
Same for me. The first season was always a bit of a rush with everything, digging, weeding, planting and generally experimenting. Next year will be soo much easier. Already I've dug over almost all of last year's beds and if I keep going there will 50%+ more growing space in 2014.

Eblana

« Reply #2628 on: December 08, 2013, 17:20 »
We finally got a delivery of FYM so I managed to get about 1/2 the beds covered.  I am hoping there might be more next week so that I can cover the rest so that I will be ready to dig it in early in the spring.  The beds that are covered look great and hopefully this year will see the raised beds finally filled to the top.

pompeyboy61

« Reply #2629 on: December 08, 2013, 18:45 »
Another day at the home garden shredding and collecting leaves then down to the allotment with 5 bags for the bean trench and compost bins.  Another glorious day to enjoy being outside.  :closedeyes:

AK9

« Reply #2630 on: December 08, 2013, 19:21 »
Today planted another blueberry. Hope the compost does its trick now. Since it is a 3L plant can I expect any fruits this summer or will it take 2 years to get anything?

Otherwise a nice sunny day and the allotment was nice and quiet.. love spending time there..

Yana

« Reply #2631 on: December 08, 2013, 20:16 »
Picked up a other truck load of manure for plot 2 and crept past a few fellow plot holders as I didn't want to engage in convo about where had I got the manure from. Feel bad but I drive to the stables, load the truck, drive back and then wheelbarrow it back and forth to plot 2 which takes about an hour.
Managed to cover three raised beds and some left for the compost bin.
Hoping to dig out old raspberry canes tomorrow on plot 2 and get the ground ready for the autumn gold canes I ordered this evening.   ;)
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Aled

« Reply #2632 on: December 09, 2013, 10:01 »
Spent Saturday as i planned, cut two barrow full of logs which are ready to be used in the wood burner over coming weeks. Took some good compost from the bin, and spread on the patch, my brandlings look brilliant, sea trout better watch out next season! Then did a long walk with the children whilst doing a bit of informal bird watching. Also used our garden burner and burnt a load of leaves, the ash of which has also been put on the garden!
Cheers
Aled

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2633 on: December 09, 2013, 13:13 »
Got my missing piece of pvc and found the home of one of the errant bits on my plot. Used my spare W clips but had to go and buy more!

Yana

« Reply #2634 on: December 09, 2013, 15:07 »
Dug out old raspberries but the ground was very heavy. Weeded other raspberries and top dressed with well rotted manure.
Bit of a tidy up and home for well earned cuppa.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #2635 on: December 09, 2013, 20:17 »
Wow, it's been about a month since I went to the plot!

Dug over 3 beds - where the oca and celeriac were, my long thin bed where beetroot and turnips were (the perpetual spinach is still there ;) and the bed that was home to the parsnips.

Lots of veg harvested.
Need to get some muck now! :)

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #2636 on: December 09, 2013, 20:37 »
Helped friends mend their shed after yet another break in, 6 since  begin of november ive been burgled 4 times this year ,god help them if i catch them f******,********  >:( second time they took my new digital camera  >:(hence i couldont post any pics for a while,got a new one now ,they just trashed things :( the other times i think i know who it is but proving it is difficult,i now have a zed bed in my shed one of these nights ill kip up there and hopefully catch the **** and boy will he be sorry especially in the dark,sorry for the language :blush: but you all know how infuriating it is.
diggity dig dig

peedee555

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2637 on: December 10, 2013, 01:00 »
not done to much on mine as its a bit wet but my neighbour is getting a plot near me as a Christmas pressie from      his missus he dont know yet been clearing it a bit .....might take a bit of wrapping up tho hee hee

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2638 on: December 10, 2013, 13:25 »
Forked over the last bed on the plot, that's the last one done. :)
Managed to get a fire going for longer than five minutes, for once! ::) Got rid of a lot of old raspberry roots and an old wicker chair.
Anne

diospyros

« Reply #2639 on: December 10, 2013, 14:49 »
Wow, an allotment for Christmas what a fantastic idea!

Today I was up there at first light having a bonfire, which is of course Against The Rules.  However the rules also say waste materials must not be abandoned anywhere on the site, and hedges must be preserved in their current condition, so I decided three wrongs, two of which were not perpetrated by me, made a right! Besides, it was probably more environmentally friendly than taking two car trips to the tip!

Plus did a bit more re-profiling of the hedge bank and spreading the soil over the rest of the plot.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 1.332 seconds with 37 queries.