How to sell koi carp? Security? etc...

• 5 Replies

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
How to sell koi carp? Security? etc...
« on: December 07, 2012, 09:24 »
I want to sell some koi carp but I dont want to advertise them then have someone take a look and them to go missing strangely in the night. Is there a method of selling them without creating a security risk? I have about 50 or so and want to sell around half of them. I wondered if theres anyone who has sold koi before and can advise me on what the easiest method is? Im guessing I advertise on gumtree or something similar.

Thanks for any advice :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: How to sell koi carp? Security? etc...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:44 »
I haven't had any experience but a few suggestions.  Are you able to take photos of the fish and arrange to have them collected from a friends or relatives.  Just be careful no one is following you home.  Is there a pet shop or garden centre locally who sell them?  If so you could see if they are interested in buying all you excess fish.  Is there a koi forum which would give you advice on the dos and don'ts of selling.   :blink:

Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

mobilekat

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 14:24 »
Is there a local Koi club near you?

They may well be able to advise you or know of people who want to buy them.

Alternatively if you are on good terms with a local shop ask if they wouldn't mind you handing fish over there. :blink:
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 22:50 »
Also by my fathering law says he doesn't buy form anyone as they carry diseases and can carry on to his stock. So he only buys from proper people. I would say if selling say due to security that you would meet at a point and then once sold, go do your shopping etc so you know your not followed.
Kind Regards
Bill

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 20:56 »
Is it such a risky business having koi then,we have quite a few very large ones,never considered security of them except from herons of course.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:31 »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I dont know if it is a risky business, I just remember catching a glimpse of an article online saying about Koi theft. It would be nice to see if anyone here has had any first hand experience of this. We also have problems with the heron and have put a net around the sides of the pond with no reeds on.
I shall look into Koi clubs and may even just ask my local garden centre for pointers.  :blink:

smiley
koi carp

Started by coppermaran on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post November 09, 2013, 10:33
by sunshineband
xx
Help,my Carp are spawning

Started by Spana on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 14:07
by 8doubles
xx
Poorly carp or goldfish in a pond that came with the house help

Started by grinling on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post August 29, 2011, 23:11
by spottymint
xx
Dilemma - "What to do with 5 lb Grass Carp that died of old age!"

Started by ANHBUC on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post December 27, 2011, 15:45
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 28 queries.