Briwax versus ?

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

Briwax versus ?
« on: September 22, 2023, 09:30 »
I've been using Briwax for some of our old furniture but am currently rather displeased to say the least.  >:( Having used tins of various hues I found that the next time I opened the tin it had dried out. Later I got a clear one, used it, then replaced the lid firmly like I've always done then waited a mo.' Yes, the lid slowly raised up on one side. Hmmm. Did this several times and virtually stamped on the blasted thing and after 10 minutes all was well. A few months later I came to use it and guess what. It had all dried out! I know it's the volatile solvents escaping but why don't they supply those metal clips you put on the side of the tin and lid to stop it doing this? Anyone know of a better product that does the biz?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

Re: Briwax versus ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:08 »
Good morning goosegirl, 
me Mam used lavender scented furniture polish, lavender cloured round flat tin...but I don't suppose it is available any more!!   BEESWAX Furniture POLISH With Lavender. NATURAL ...
bee-naturals.co.uk
https://www.bee-naturals.co.uk › Shop
Lavender scented furniture polish from www.bee-naturals.co.uk
Traditional Beeswax Furniture Polish with Lavender Scent. Weight 100 or 250 grams. Our products are made with entirely natural ingredients. Moreover, they ...
£5.97 to £10.57 · ‎In stock

Best wishes in your search.  Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 17:49 »
Once a Pledge man, always a pledge man, although I did recently find a fabulous almond scented polish called Method Wood Polish, which you apply with a squirter!

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/method-wood-polish/068185-34603-34604?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9rSoBhCiARIsAFOiplmhGhIp8gKDgXEp5evjY1dvhe4R_N1aMacjlZaXDJ1IUXuitBGZLu0aAn7FEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It smells gorgeous...

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 09:43 »
Just had a look at Harrel's beeswax but if I get a tin, the lid is going to slowly rise up and dry it out like the Briwax did. Can't just see if they do it in a cream-based screw-topped container.

xx
Scary Owl versus pigeons

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post April 15, 2018, 23:17
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 40 queries.