Bread the stuff of life

• 527 Replies

chrissie B

Re: Bread the stuff of life
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2016, 22:30 »
I know what you mean its just where every thing started i think its probably one of the first thing man kind cooked .
i allways feel like ive acomplished something when i do bread .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

oldgrunge

« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2016, 22:01 »
That's what makes us bakers. That satisfaction at turning out a well baked loaf, both the sight and smell - aaahhh!
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

chrissie B

« Reply #332 on: April 27, 2016, 08:36 »
The thing i like about bread id the craggier it looks the better it is so you dont need a perfectly formed loaf to get the satisfaction from it .
just got a paul holliwood 100 breads book some interesting recipes but it also has scones and pie , not bread paul i got for 3.99 so not that bothered .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2016, 15:26 »
Did couple baggettes today didnt have the proper tin but made one with tin foil, pleased with the result
chrissie b
1461939919363.jpg
1461940005274.jpg
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 15:27 by chrissie B »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2016, 21:39 »
Half and half seedy tear and share rolls :lol:

It had a soggy bottom when I fist took it out, so put it back in for 8 mins more, without the tin. it was lovely and crunchy  ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2016, 07:46 »
How thoughtful to make sharing rolls - send mine whenever you like, they look great  :lol:

chrissie B

« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2016, 12:54 »
Looks good , i would have loved to try the breads on our holiday just but we were on a cruise and couldnt fit any thing else in even when we went to portugal those timpting custard tarts , got some last year they are yum , my friend loves scones but the ship ones were bit dry and they donrt have proper cream .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2016, 13:14 »
What is that bread recipe youve all ways wanted to have a go at for me its the rum baba and kuglehoff which i think is made with yeast but is more of a cake and i also would like one of those lovley tins nigella used with the trees on it but they are expencive .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2016, 08:38 »
Created for my hubby a baggette  with a cheese and marmite swirl , he loves it specially with soup.
chrissie b

jaydig

« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2016, 15:04 »
What is that bread recipe youve all ways wanted to have a go at for me its the rum baba and kuglehoff which i think is made with yeast but is more of a cake and i also would like one of those lovley tins nigella used with the trees on it but they are expencive .
chrissie b

I had a go at Rhum Baba a couple of weeks ago, and it was lovely.  I used an Ina Garten recipe, and it was very straightforward to do.  The only problem was that it was rather a large cake, and we just had to eat it all over the course of a few days, because I wasn't sure if I could freeze it. (That's my excuse, anyway)

chrissie B

« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2016, 17:34 »
Bread today
chrissie b
1472142897023.jpg

Beekissed

« Reply #341 on: September 04, 2016, 01:35 »
Finally have cool enough weather to bake bread...most of the summer it's been too hot to even turn on that oven.  Feels good to get my hands in dough again and smell that yeasty smell rising up from the sponge.  Found a neato thing to put over the dough in the bowel as it rises....disposable shower cap.  Stays on the dough well as it has a slight elastic edge to it that holds onto the bowel.  Love it! 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2016, 08:24 »
I haven't made bread for ages either.  I must wake my spelt sourdough starter Augustus up.  He's been snoozing away all summer in his jar in the fridge, only being fed once a week.

There is an autumnal feel creeping in mornings and evenings here and the heavy weights of the crops are starting to come in - squash, dried beans and the like.  Time for soup and bread meals  :)

chrissie B

« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58 »
Up here in the north east were not known for for fantastic weather so baking isnt a problem , some days this summer ive baked to warm up the kitchen 😁 .
i dont buy bread at all now i do a couple of loafes and half them so they stay freacher see pic above i also like the stottie bun recipe its very robust and great for burgres as they dont fall apart,.
chrissie b.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2016, 18:16 »
Here is the toasted sesame oil loaf recipe posted elsewhere by lettice
1 cup water
3 1/4 white bread flour
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp easy bake yeast

Place all the ingredients in the breadmaker in order above
Set breadmaker to dough
Transfer the finished dough to a floured surface and either shape into a round loaf or place into a loaf tin.
Cover and allow to rise until double in size.
Preheat oven to 200c and bake for 25 mins.

If you like a sesame seed topping before baking, brush the dough with a mix of 1 small egg and 1 tbsp water beaten together and then sprinke on the sesame seed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 18:19 by mumofstig »

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 55 queries.