Healthy Recipes

• 18 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Healthy Recipes
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 12:43 »
Easy cheesy layer for pasta bakes, lasagne and the like.  High in protein, low in fats and carbs and much quicker to make than a traditional cheese sauce.

Use a tub of Quark, a bit of milk to thin the Quark and a tub of natural low fat cottage cheese.  If you want a completely smooth sauce, put it in the blender and mix, otherwise a bowl and spoon works fine.  Flavour as you wish and add a small amount of grated cheese or parmesan to taste.

This is an adaptation of something I caught on Food Network, where an American chef used cream cheese and cottage cheese in a pasta bake.  I tried both mixed with the cottage cheese.  Quark works just as well as cream cheese but is a fraction of the calories  :D

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 12:18 »
Ta!  Good tip.  I have a tub of cottage cheese and some thick no fat yog which would work I think. 👍

Firstyear

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 15:41 »
Chicken noodle soup!

I make chicken stock regularly and freeze it. So easy in the slow cooker!

To some chicken stock add fresh ginger to taste, garlic, fresh chilli, a little fish sauce, some kaffir lime leaves dried or fresh, add lemongrass if you wish, or miso paste, or green Thai curry paste, whatever flavourings you like really and simmer for a few minutes or so, then add shredded chicken and noodles until cooked. Meanwhile add veg to a bowl- for example shredded lettuce, bean sprouts, fine sliced raw mushroom, peppers, sliced radish, sweet corn, mange tout, pak choy etc. Remove lime leaves from the broth and pour over the raw veg and dress with a drizzle of sesame oil, a squeeze of lime and fresh coriander.

This dish is very quick to prepare and you can use any veg you like, although hard veg like carrot will be very crunchy so don’t work as well. The flavourings added to the broth can just be done to taste.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 11:36 »
I love noodle soups and miso soups.  I guess that is lunch sorted now I have started thinking about them  :)

xx
Chicken recipes with turmeric curries very healthy

Started by btissam on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 19:27
by Poolfield2
xx
Recipes

Started by Val H on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post November 25, 2008, 21:31
by Beetroot queen
xx
can not see recipes

Started by kevinp on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 08:54
by joyfull
smiley
recipes

Started by phil-c on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 19, 2010, 18:17
by phil-c

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 44 queries.