New to the Weymouth area..

• 4 Replies

mrswoman

New to the Weymouth area..
« on: February 04, 2011, 20:32 »
Hello    im hoping that someone on here can help me? We moved here a few months ago and have now an even bigger garden :D so i would like to have chooks again but we cant find any info on coop suppliers or feed suppliers that are local(ish) to us so i can start getting set up. We dont care if the coop is second hand :D Thanks in advance mrswoman

bantam novice

Re: New to the Weymouth area..
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 21:08 »
Hello and welcome to the wacky world of henaholics  :)

I'm sure someone with more experience will be along to give you advice soon, in the meantime good luck and happy chicken-keeping
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

hen maiden

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:09 »
Hi,

I live in Dorchester. Flyte so fancy is not far and a good place to start. Scats in Dorchester has got good stock too. A little poultry supply shop just opened in Dorchester too, in South Street. Barry Dunning out at Ibberton is a great man to get your girls from. Ibberton is in the middle of nowhere and not very well signposted but it is worth the trip. His number is 01258 817854.

Hope this helps, have fun

mrswoman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 22:03 »
Thank you both for your replies :)
 Today we went and visited the poultry shop (also selling camping and caravaning equipment) in Dorchester very nice and helpful man  sells everything we will need but firstly we need to secure a coop of some description  :lol: .

alisonwo

• Experienced Member
  • Hubby with browny his favourite
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 15:29 »
Hi I live in Weymouth and have kept girlies for years.  Try CC Moore on the Granby estate for everything you need except coops, best prices I have found.  Pet Experience also on Granby has everything you need too. Flytes so fancy do lovely coops but oh so expensive.  Scats had a nice one in Dorchester but it was really just a converted shed, if you go and have a look at it, you can see how easy it would be to convert one yourself, and buying a basic shed to convert is much cheaper than paying someone else to do it. regards alison

xx
How many Chickens in how big an area?

Started by mum2many on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post February 28, 2007, 20:00
by muntjac
xx
quarantine area?

Started by Bantymad on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 11, 2010, 18:58
by Bantymad
xx
Muddy outdoor run area

Started by sally10 on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post December 11, 2011, 18:48
by sally10
question
new in sheffield area need a mentor

Started by cherry on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 20:04
by cherry

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 35 queries.