Grapes

• 20 Replies

Sparkie

Grapes
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 12:22 »
Well I do seem to have done everything right - don't know what went wrong.  Better luck next year.

The good news is however that my husband is a window cleaner so I have now found a use for my "White Wine Vinegar" - see you were helpful after all!!!  Thanks

Sparkie   :lol:
Maggie

gobs

Grapes
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 14:18 »
I don't make any wine, but they say in my country that the day of your harvest already decided what wine you can make. And also there are the years, by which wine is qualified. Now this last 'summer' here. :lol:  :lol:

We normally do not harvest grapes that early as beginning of Sep.

On the other hand, this fault of wines is associated with uncleanliness of processing and /or too warm temperatures of fermentation.

You could try and post in Homebrew, someone might know how to make brandy, 'cos that's what such wine is used for, as it can't be corrected.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Sparkie

Grapes
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 16:16 »
Thanks, I will give that a go.

Fiona

Another suggestion
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 22:21 »
Maybe next time try an alternative to wine. I just boiled my grapes up in a huge pot  (had to do it in batches) and then strained it through muslin, next day added sugar, lemon juice boiled up to setting point, poured it in my sterlized jars and voila grape jelly. It tastes fantastic.
Fiona
A British Gardener Abroad

WG.

Re: Another suggestion
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 22:31 »
Quote from: "Fiona"
Maybe next time try an alternative to wine.
Dear me, Fiona, you are new here !  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

4sure

Grapes
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 17:31 »
Hi I'm new to all this so apologies if this is answered eslewhere - I did a search but couldn't find anything.....

I put two grapes vines in my greenhouse(unheated) last year - first time I've grown them, they did quite well trained up sides and started to spread acroos roof a little etc.

My query is that so far this year neither of them has any leaves yet - is this normal ? - for info one variety is Black Hamburg - can't recall the other, and I am based in NW england if that matters.

Grateful for any advise

clip
Grapes

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 12, 2019, 08:20
by jambop
xx
grapes

Started by p00rstudent on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 08:26
by latis
xx
new to grapes

Started by ranat22 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 15:20
by Trillium
xx
Grapes

Started by Jim the builder on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 31, 2012, 14:28
by Trillium

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 36 queries.