BIRDS STOLEN FOR 3RD TIME !!

• 20 Replies

evie2

Re: BIRDS STOLEN FOR 3RD TIME !!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 08:25 »
What about marking them the way racing pigeons are, under the wing?
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

pigeonpie

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 21:52 »
One of my friend's dogs kept taking himself off for walks and losing his collar so after being complained at by the dog warden / police he wrote his mobile number along the side of the dog in the marking spray they use for marking livestock.

http://www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=1251

It would think it was safe to be preened by the chickens as it is used on cattle going to market who would be able to reach the marked site with tongue.

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:30 »
So sorry to hear of this
I know how you feel, my first hens, RIR went the same way
I can still remember the feeling in my stomach when I saw the hut door open.
You can buy battery operated shed alarms. is there anybody living nearby who would hear an alarm? the noise itself would probably scare them away (might not leave your hens very happy though  :(

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 06:30 »
I've just worken on a building site and the guy who runs the site has an alarm that has a magnet or something on the door to the stores and when the door is open an alarm goes off and it rings his mobile phone !!!! How cool is that you would need a power supply though
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

orchardlady

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01 »
We live and run our family business in  rural locations. We have a village garage. My husband say's it's amazing how often he has customers making an enquiry, say about a service and he notices that their eyes are everywhere. He's even hooked people out of our back car park that's private. He always takes their reg no to. We have cctv cameras everywhere and unless it's nailed down is put away at night. We used to have lovely hanging baskets each summer but one day some little toe rag decided that he was going to take the one basket that wasn't covered by the cameras on a blank exterior wall. That was such a clear indication that thieves are very very observant. Be vigilant. look out for strange cars slowing near your paddock, take a note of registation numbers, don't tell people where you keep your hens etc.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 11:54 »
I do like orchardlady and take a note of registrations (we get people wanting to know if we have any scrap), when they ask why I am writing down their reg I always inform them that I do this for all visitors calling to our place uninvited this way I can hand it to the police should anything go missing. I usually have to shout this over the sound of 2 very large dogs barking.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Warning, birds are being stolen again.

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 18:57
by asd1
xx
BIRDS STOLEN AGAIN BETWEEN EXETER AND HONITON

Started by JANEVANS02 on Chicken Chat

21 Replies
Last post August 12, 2010, 02:53
by hillfooter
xx
stolen chooks

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

41 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 19:28
by goodegg
sad
stolen chooks up date

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 10:05
by taximan

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 40 queries.