camomile seeds

• 8 Replies

chrissie B

camomile seeds
« on: July 28, 2007, 12:58 »
anyone know where i can get some camomile seeds from , its the lawn type also will it keep coming back when cut .
dont have a good lawn and thought some camomile would make it look better.
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

splodger

camomile seeds
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 15:44 »
i bought  mine from kings seeds in essex : www.kingsseeds.com

chrissie B

camomile seeds
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:34 »
i had a look at a few sites for seeds and settled for nickys , when i got to the camomile section ,i think it said th seeds could not be sewn so i take it all the plants would have to grown individual am i correct in thinking this ?
chrissie b

gobs

camomile seeds
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 12:59 »
Of course they can be sown, may I recommend Chiltern seeds, who actually specify camomile varieties, and so such one, that is good for lawn, needs to be more or less sunny place, mind.
And be careful with the mowing, very shallow rooted things and enjoy!
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

chrissie B

camomile seeds
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:39 »
i have the seeds now , well they are waiting for me in uk so not actually seen them i was hoping to start off early next year preraring over the winter digging ext and im not doing it all at once , i wanted to make a pattern through my existing lawn , so fingers crossed , will the seeds be ok if i put ant powder on them cos they nick every thing ?
chrissie b

WG.

camomile seeds
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:02 »
Chamomile is not hard wearing.  Use it in areas of your lawn that get little or no traffic.

chrissie B

camomile seeds
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 16:06 »
i have a washing line in the middle of my lawn which doubles as an umbrella in the summer , i plan to plant around that and around and under a bench thats on the grass just to start with and see how it goes for next summer and go on from there .
chrissie b

Babycat

• Experienced Member
hello
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 22:06 »
I planted a chamomile lawn under my garden bench using little cuttings sent to me from an internet company.

Observations:

1. this was the lawn kind, little flowering and meant to have creeping habit, i.e. not for tea and other flowering purposes - with that in mind, I would hesitate to grow this as you might trip in it.  But it does smell yummy when you stamp on it  :)
2. to encourage new growth, it needs to be stamped on, rollered regularly and I discovered hom difficult it is to get your feet under a bench.... :roll:
3. along the wall where my telescopic legs could not reach, the cham started growing up the wall and created a lovely teepee like nesting area for a sizeable and ever growing family of snails. :twisted:

Needless to say, I got the hump and have taken it out and grown summer flowering bulbs instead. 8)

x Gina
"This too shall pass"  King Solomon

chrissie B

camomile seeds
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 18:23 »
well in my minds eye i had this big elaborate plan of how i was going to sculpt it into my lawn, but have now simplified it a bit , well alot realy , now starting from my clothes line stand and around my little bench i will see how it goes then add a little and so on , im in no hurry.
chrissei b

xx
camomile lawn seeds

Started by susi on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 29, 2007, 23:38
by jack russell
xx
wild meadow seeds/wildflower seeds

Started by trapper on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post January 18, 2008, 17:15
by trapper
xx
Where do you buy your seeds?

Started by Porffor on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post June 25, 2008, 22:28
by DD.
xx
Old Seeds

Started by mum2many on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post February 09, 2010, 14:15
by zazen999

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 32 queries.