Rain Diverter Kit

• 3 Replies

Caretaker

• Experienced Member
Rain Diverter Kit
« on: December 05, 2011, 22:09 »
We are having a water meater fitted to the house and it got me thinking about one of them Rain Diverter Kits, i have a small problem, my down pipe is in-between the lean-to and a brick wall, about 6 inch gap, but all is not lost, i can remove a window to get to the down pipe and could get a saw in to cut the pipe, just.
I my next task is i would have to run the connecting pipe the 10 feet to the barrel.
Question is can this pipe sag as i do not wont it to show to much, it would be like a long U shape.
 8)
Reg
I'm lost without my SatNav.

Trillium

Re: Rain Diverter Kit
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:16 »
I can't quite picture what you're describing. Could you be a bit more specific, eg where is the butt in relation to the pipe, etc.

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:46 »
I'm not too sure if all the diverter kits are the same, but mine had to be put in the down pipe at the same level as the inlet hole in the water barrel (You will also need to allow for a "butt stand" so that you can use the tap on the bottom of the barrel) This allows the water but to fill to the top, but not overfill and spill water out of the top of the barrel or down the side of your wall where you have fitted the diverter.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 11:12 »
I don't think it matters if it sags Caret, As long as the connector on the downpipe is higher than the barrel inlet, you should be OK.

10' is quite a long pipe though, and may get a bit bunged up with roof dust etc, so you may need to clean it out every now and then.

They're great things to have, and very useful for fresh rainwater, which is so much better than tap water!

xx
Rain water diverter with narrower diameter

Started by Willow_Warren on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post July 16, 2014, 14:15
by Willow_Warren
xx
downpipe diverter thingy ?lol

Started by pran vallaba on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2008, 16:48
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 36 queries.