Lottery Ticket Jack Pot!!

• 96 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Lottery Ticket Jack Pot!!
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 11:01 »

"Money is the route of all evil!"........ one of my relatives told me long ago.... perhaps I was handing over my pocket money at the time  :unsure:  :lol:

So far as my biblical education went, it's
"The love of money is the root of all evil"

There's a subtle difference.

Too true....

I think: "Money is the root of all evil" is lifted from the lyrics of a rather old song - probably a 78 (as I recognise it!  :lol: )
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Paul Plots

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 11:05 »
Quote from heatherw   "I found out recently that Mort Gage means Death Grip.  I wonder why?"

How very apt that is too.... If it wasn't so it might almost be funny.  :blink:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 23:06 »
I don't think people generally love money - what happens is they get bombarded with sophisticated advertising that persuades them to buy things they don't need and discover that, in reality, don't want on credit. This then leaves them up that proverbial smelly creek without a paddle.

My dad used to say that borrowing money wasn't a problem, not being able to repay the loan was. Prophetic, as it turns out.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Paul Plots

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2010, 00:45 »
I agree with you. John.... we are all under pressure from quite a young age to buy things that we didn't know we wanted until someone convinced us that we must have them.

It is so easy to buy these days... parents generally have more money than years ago and many things are more easily available. Children pester and parents are often softer. When I was teaching it amazed me at the huge amounts some parents were willing to pay out to keep their children kitted out in the latest in-fashion clothing and footwear to say nothing of frequently changing football kit/s! (These were not always the families with the larger incomes)

Peer pressure for youngsters and status symbols for many people are the drivers of much of the retail and commercial world. The credit card makes it easy and tempting for some people to get carried away.

Money is not the route to happiness...... how you use the money you have might help.

Spana

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2010, 09:08 »
I really hate shopping.  :( I find the choice there is for everything so confusing :( I just dont have the time or inclination to spend time shopping.
OH calls Holsworthy, a very small market town about 20miles from us, the centre of the universe :lol: You can buy everything there  if you dont mind having the one thats there. The lack of choice makes shopping so much easier and quicker :happy:
But i do like browsing on line in the evenings and i love it when things are delivered to the door. 8)

Poolfield2

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46 »
I had to buy another bottle of shampoo yesterday and found myself wishing it was like in the 60's when you had a choice of about 3!

Springlands

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 11:10 »
I had to buy another bottle of shampoo yesterday and found myself wishing it was like in the 60's when you had a choice of about 3!

It is really awful sometimes - you stand in front of a shelf looking at about 20 different brands of the same item. Your brain goes to mush and you just grab something. Choice definitely makes our lives harder not easier.  :nowink:

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 38 queries.