Run roofing

• 6 Replies

mo-jo

Run roofing
« on: August 26, 2010, 17:06 »
Hi,  I've got a large run that has no roof but with all this bad weather I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to put a roof on but not sure I can afford it.  My run is 19 feet by 16 feet, does anyone have any ideas on a cheap solution to my problem or should I not worry about the run being wet all the time????

Thanks

parson

• Experienced Member
Re: Run roofing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 17:13 »
The corrugated roofing is best, I'd get clear stuff for the run. You could also just partially roof it, so the chooks can get shelter if they want, but still be outside, this should cut down on the expense.

mo-jo

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 18:11 »
Thanks Parson thats a good idea about a partial roof.   Don't suppose you know where I can get this cheap?  I will try the DIY places this weekend.

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 18:37 »
Hi there  :D

Our run is completely covered in the micro corrugated plastic sheets, its fabulous. Its opaque so it lets in the light but gives some UV protection. We are going to modify the roof slightly with some reinforcement just on the joins as the rain can gather some even with a slight tilt on the roof but all in all its been great!

I think the cheapest we found was a wickes DIY store but also try ebay too but watch out the delivery charge as it may be cheaper to go and get it yourself.

Broody
if wishes were changes.......

mo-jo

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 20:24 »
Thanks Broody, looks like a trip to wickes is on the cards for the bank holiday weekend. :)

Sassy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 08:50 »
I've no idea at the differences in price but Homebase sell this stuff and they have 15% off over the weekend. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Jeanette

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 15:09 »
For a really cheap version we bought a tarpauline last year it cost £5 from B@Q and we put it on for the winter and took it off in the spring and it was great. As it was so large it covered one of the sides of the run as well as the top and kept the girls from the wind. I will be doing the same this year.

xx
roofing a run

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 27, 2008, 14:14
by upert
xx
roofing and ventilation

Started by emu on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 17:27
by emu
xx
A roofing question???

Started by Bogof on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 01:02
by GrannieAnnie
xx
found this for roofing the run

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post January 11, 2010, 16:40
by karlooben

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 37 queries.