Oh Dear

• 20 Replies

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
Re: Oh Dear
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 21:54 »
Sit down an tell counsellor Rachel all about it :D

I aint sharing my issues once i start i'll need the men with the white jacket.  :nowink:
;)
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

Sparkyrog

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 21:56 »
You think we don't know that  :lol:
I cook therefore I grow

Mrs Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 11:25 »
Sometimes the liquid in the fruit and veg varies Sparky and it can take longer than it should, especially if you increase the recipe.  I find if I increase the recipe the texture is quite soft because of the increased cooking time.
At the moment if I increase the cooking time  I give a fast boil at the beginning it seems to stop this happening.

A fast boil at the beginning of making chutney if I want the fruit and veg to stay chunky, or a fast boil at the end to hurry things along.

It is quite scary to work out how many years we have been making preserves isn't it.  :ohmy:42 years ago I started and it is still as satisfying to see the filled finished jars on the table. :lol:

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 11:42 »
Sometimes the liquid in the fruit and veg varies Sparky and it can take longer than it should, especially if you increase the recipe.  I find if I increase the recipe the texture is quite soft because of the increased cooking time.
At the moment if I increase the cooking time  I give a fast boil at the beginning it seems to stop this happening.

A fast boil at the beginning of making chutney if I want the fruit and veg to stay chunky, or a fast boil at the end to hurry things along.

It is quite scary to work out how many years we have been making preserves isn't it.  :ohmy:42 years ago I started and it is still as satisfying to see the filled finished jars on the table. :lol:

Thats more years than i have been alive lol i wonder if one day i will be able to say the same

Mrs Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 19:07 »
I did say it was scary :ohmy: :lol: :lol:

Sparkyrog

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 21:33 »

35 for me  :)

xx
Picalilli - Oh Dear.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post October 20, 2013, 11:04
by Mrs Bee
xx
Dear Moderator - Egg receipes section?

Started by madcat on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post October 25, 2009, 11:38
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 39 queries.