Home Bargains & Wilkinsons for cheap gardening supplies

• 6 Replies

mrsparkle

• Experienced Member
    • Wonderland Tea Parties
I'm new to the forum so forgive if I am posting a little too often today but I thought I would alert other UK gardeners of where they can get hold of cheap gardening supplies.

Wilkos always have lots of seeds potatoes, nothing fancy like purples or blues but I hear pink fir apple for £1.99 usually.

Home Bargains usually have mulch mats really cheap I got 15m x 1m for £1,99 last year.  Year can even buy asparagus crowns (not sure if they're any good though as I haven't planted mine yet)

They also have fertilizer and weedkiller.  Great stuff.

I assure you I do not work for either company and apologise if this post breaks the rules.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Home Bargains & Wilkinsons for cheap gardening supplies
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 19:08 »
Lot of us use Wilkinsons for potato seed, onion sets, seeds, pots..well everything really ;) also Poundland if you have one near you?
I'm not familiar with Home Bargains, I don't think there is one locally :unsure:

mrsparkle

• Experienced Member
    • Wonderland Tea Parties
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 19:20 »
Whoops!  Sorry for posting on the wrong board. 

Home Bargains is great, pretty much the same as BM Bargains if you have one of those nearby though.

mick thomas

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 20:13 »
I'm new to the forum so forgive if I am posting a little too often today but I thought I would alert other UK gardeners of where they can get hold of cheap gardening supplies.

Wilkos always have lots of seeds potatoes, nothing fancy like purples or blues but I hear pink fir apple for £1.99 usually.

Home Bargains usually have mulch mats really cheap I got 15m x 1m for £1,99 last year.  Year can even buy asparagus crowns (not sure if they're any good though as I haven't planted mine yet)

They also have fertilizer and weedkiller.  Great stuff.

I assure you I do not work for either company and apologise if this post breaks the rules.

I purchased 0ne cooking and one dessert gooseberry 4 years ago from them, I now have a row of a dozen taken from them and have given about 30 away in the past. The cooker ended up being planted a foot from my muck heap and produced 45 lb of fruit in the second year.not bad for 2 plants out of the end of season reduced shelf.

(Edited by DD. to fix quote)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 20:21 by DD. »

raymo1

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 20:21 »
I bought a netted bag of onion sets last year from wilky. They were the best I have ever grown they are large, but when they are cut in half, there are onion rings through and through with no evidence of the original set (red and white). Hope you don't go and by them now and there are none left for me!!!!

WeedfreeWill

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 20:26 »
If you have a look at wilko's website, you can have seeds delivered to a local store for free. I've got so much from them  :)

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 20:44 »
I bought a netted bag of onion sets last year from wilky. They were the best I have ever grown they are large, but when they are cut in half, there are onion rings through and through with no evidence of the original set

There won't be.

The set gets bigger and grows into the onion. The onion doesn't grow around it.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

xx
Bargains at Wilkinsons

Started by Sprouts on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 19:59
by Paul Plots
xx
Wilkinsons - cheap pots, trays etc

Started by Willow_Warren on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post June 02, 2012, 18:35
by mattwragg94
xx
home bargains-fleece

Started by manicmother on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 10:02
by Rob the rake
xx
Home Bargains store

Started by Bing on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post May 01, 2017, 22:28
by LandShark

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 34 queries.