Budget Meals (The Forum Way) for The Time/Physically Challenged.

• 1 Replies

Auntiemogs

I know that there have been several threads devoted to cooking thriftily, I just thought it would be nice to have one that was devoted to the 'tips and tricks' that we use to stretch our (ever diminishing) pound and particularly for those that are limited by time/energy constraints.  This first post is a copy of the post for peeps with time and/or energy that just want to be thrifty. This is for people in a hurry for a good meal in little time, or simply because they don't have the energy to cook on a regular basis. :) 

Tescies have a half price offer on their pork joints at the moment.  I plonk mine in my slow cooker with some pepper and an inch of boiling water/stock (if you use a slow cooker, please check your instructions as I don't want to poison anyone  ;).  It probably says brown it first but I don't tend to bother.) but you could also slow roast it.  I then let it rest while I use the juices and pork stock cubes (or chicken and beef 50/50 if I've run out) to make a gravy (plenty of gravy) and freeze in portions.

A quick, tasty meal at less than £1 a portion (and I am quite generous with my portions as my son is a meat eater). :-)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Budget Meals (The Forum Way) for The Time/Physically Challenged.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 22:57 »
I've locked this as you've got a duplicate thread with answers on it, Auntie  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Budget Meals (The Forum Way).

Started by Auntiemogs on Frugal Living

43 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 11:37
by J_B
xx
Lidl again... fruit trees this time!

Started by Mike.white on Frugal Living

17 Replies
Last post October 24, 2008, 11:31
by richyrich7
xx
It's that time of year again - Wyevale 50p sale

Started by B_and_D on Frugal Living

23 Replies
Last post September 12, 2011, 23:33
by Lloyd
xx
What time of year do the seed companies start their sale?

Started by LivvyW on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 17:49
by DD.

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 38 queries.