Deliveries of plants / spuds etc

• 6 Replies

alibean

• Experienced Member
Deliveries of plants / spuds etc
« on: March 23, 2010, 18:36 »
PLEASE - as a postie we have to return things to the depot if they are not marked 'LEAVE OUT OF SIGHT / UNDER COVER' somewhere in the address field or on the parcel.
It breaks my heart to know that things will take an extra day (or two) to get back to the sorting office - and consequently suffer / die.  However, if parcels aren't marked in some way and are 'left' on the property then we face disciplinary action for ' doorstepping'.
PLEASE from one gardener to lots of others - leave 'safe place' instructions!!!!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: Deliveries of plants / spuds etc
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 19:03 »
Our local postie leaves parcels over the back gate, which has saved lots of plants from certian death at the sorting office over the years.

Thank you for the advice, alibean -- hope it helps lots of folk  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

theakston_uk

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 19:41 »
PLEASE - as a postie we have to return things to the depot if they are not marked 'LEAVE OUT OF SIGHT / UNDER COVER' somewhere in the address field or on the parcel.
It breaks my heart to know that things will take an extra day (or two) to get back to the sorting office - and consequently suffer / die.  However, if parcels aren't marked in some way and are 'left' on the property then we face disciplinary action for ' doorstepping'.
PLEASE from one gardener to lots of others - leave 'safe place' instructions!!!!

Well said Alibean, a fellow postie here. I think parcels that are 'perishable' should be OK to be left out of view without any action being taken against us.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 00:56 »
Very nice that you posted that Ali, thanks for the heads up
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Trikidiki

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 23:20 »
My ' Postman Pip' is great. He will leave things 'out of sight', even has done it for items requiring a signature. We do live in a small quiet village.

My gripe is with the parcel delivery companies who tap the door once then run away, not giving you time to get to the door. Then you end up having to go to the depot to collect them. Asking for re-delivery is a waste of time as they do the same again.

Perhaps I ought to change my name to 'Wendy House' when ordering plants etc.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 23:21 by Trikidiki »

Loubs

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 00:43 »
I second that one - our postie is great.

But parcel delivery companies are completely random... a few months back I had my seed spuds going back & forth between the south coast & Scotland at least twice -  before finally being left on my doorstep for me to find on my return from work.

Should point out that I don't have a front garden so my doorstep is right on the street.... I'm grateful someone didn't nick them & eat them for tea. Cannot for the life of me understand why they didn't leave them with one of my neighbours.

Debz

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20 »
My postman leaves everything on the step regardless of what it is and without instruction.

xx
Great plants but no spuds

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post July 05, 2013, 18:01
by Aunt Sally
xx
manure deliveries

Started by peterjf on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 11:53
by DD.
xx
Seed spud deliveries

Started by pdblake on Grow Your Own

74 Replies
Last post February 08, 2013, 14:16
by Paul Plots
xx
garden ordering and deliveries

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 16, 2021, 17:56
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 29 queries.