RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES

• 8 Replies

duncan

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« on: July 23, 2007, 14:03 »
the gardens not doing well at all this year we are geting a good battering here by the weather...RAIN RAIN AND MORE
not much is growing well tho. but had good brasicas  cabbage cauliflower and the spuds ..........BUT other than that failed  with  beans runners french onions  not so big this year..leeks...small  parsnips all tops..tomatoes well i ripen them in my front window no light or sun should i say just dull sky here and theres the flowers well they where doing well but there all just about dead  shame.....WELL i seem to think thats it till next year ......... and its still pouring with rain here yet again....the fields look like hugh ponds lakes here and if this rain dont stop soon we could be joining the huge lakes ourselfs...

its been raining for the past 12 hours on and off

:roll:  :?:
growing big onions  leeks parsnips carrots ..

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 14:11 »
try not to be too disheartened,we were in a right mess a few weeks back,allotment was 3 ft under water and things seemed bleak.but now everything is flourishing,ok potatoes had to come up as they were sodden and verging on rotting,but we have since put in leeks,beetroot,more peas and spinach.
things may be differnt in a week or so ,so have a rest till you get going again :)

duncan

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 14:26 »
Quote from: "mum of 3"
try not to be too disheartened,we were in a right mess a few weeks back,allotment was 3 ft under water and things seemed bleak.but now everything is flourishing,ok potatoes had to come up as they were sodden and verging on rotting,but we have since put in leeks,beetroot,more peas and spinach.
things may be differnt in a week or so ,so have a rest till you get going again :)

CHEERS

i think i need waders to wear here thats so i can make it to the shed to get my spade...thats if i dont slip in the sludge.........on my bum.. that would be funny .. iam thinking about growing water cress if this rain keeps carrying on ...haha

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 14:33 »
watercress and rice,thats the way forward :lol:

paintedlady

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 14:45 »
and cranberries!

:D
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

duncan

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 14:46 »
Quote from: "mum of 3"
watercress and rice,thats the way forward :lol:

water cress and rice mmmmmm  50 pence a carton organic grown.from yorkshire water in are very own paddy fields..    we will be millionaires by the month....... :roll:  :wink:  :tongue2:

splodger

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 16:51 »
only proplem with watercress - it has to be grown in extremely clean water - as it picks up the toxins in dirty water - and you will get very poorly indeed if you ate it :cry:

if i was you - wait for the good weather - it's just around the corner  :wink:

Trillium

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 17:06 »
Celery is also a bog crop so you could make your millions there.  :lol:

Annie

RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 22:36 »
You say leeks have failed and your parsnips are all tops,mine are like that but I won`t be pulling either until November at the earliest and was still digging them up this year in march,so give them a chance.My toms are in the greenhouse and non will be ready to pick for while either but will keep growing until oct/nov.So ,unless I`ve misunderstood,you`re probably got these veg going well but are being a little impatient to harvest them. :lol:

xx
rain, rain glorious rain!

Started by slow_worm on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post July 01, 2007, 09:43
by digger1957
xx
Rain

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post November 24, 2006, 22:17
by noshed
xx
Too much rain?

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2008, 10:53
by richyrich7
xx
rain

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2017, 11:08
by miggs

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 38 queries.