Deleted emails keep re-appearing.

• 16 Replies

Goosegirl

Deleted emails keep re-appearing.
« on: January 29, 2019, 13:03 »
For a few weeks or so I'm finding the emails I deleted that day keep coming back when I go back on my in-page after looking at something on the internet. Anyone know why?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Deleted emails keep re-appearing.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 14:03 »
Are you using an email client to manage your email? (e.g. Outlook or Thunderbird.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 14:57 »
No. I use Windows Live Mail and have never had any problems before. It must be the fifth time I've deleted the again today.  :mad:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 15:29 »
No knowledge of Windows Live Mail Goosey - is this any use?:

https://sundstedt.se/blog/stop-windows-live-mail-from-downloading-old-emails/

(Microsoft stopped supporting Live Mail 2 years ago so it might be time to look for an alternative client.)

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 15:44 »
I've just emptied my deleted items box so will see if that works. Thanks.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 18:30 »
Get a Gmail address Goosey, then copy them all to me, from where I'll send them on to the papers for lurid details, and 'interesting' discussions..;0)

You're not Russian by any chance are you? Only that I have had several offers of 'unsubscribe', and they look 'interesting' too!

Actually, I lost several year's worth of emails, because Outlook only lets you keep 2gb in their inbox, and they don't tell you that! A good chum gave me some info on how to retrieve them, but many were lost. Perhaps it's not a bad thing, as most of them were from when we were trying to get the business going, back in the depression, and they really hurt. I don't want to go back to these particular messages.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 11:05 »
Growster, If they have gone, they have gone with good reason.   Let them go over your head, and only look forward.   regards,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 12:16 »
Well, today's in-box isn't as full as it was yesterday so it could just have been a Windows 10 update but I'll let you know. Growster, I'm not of Russian origin though I do know a few appropriate words when needed. I'm supposed to have come from somewhere in Scandinavia so my whatsit test results showed.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 12:59 »
What test result were they Goosey ?  :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 15:20 »
They were from that Ancestry test you can take to see where you originated from. It's where you spit into a sample tube then they look at your DNA to match up with others who have a similar DNA sequence. You're then sent with details, a world map, and the most likely places in priority order. I have large percentage of ancestors in Cheshire which I already knew, but the other places in priority order were in middle Europe (I am told my name with its various spellings is quite common in South Africa and many people came there from Holland which ties in to my possible Nordic roots. The info wasn't as detailed as I thought it would be so I can't really recommend doing it unless you really need to know.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 17:00 »
I really think I would like to trace my grandmothers roots (on my Fathers side)  I know her maiden name, and that she had Scottish relations.   Where should I start ?    Mrs Bouquet

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 20:19 »

(Microsoft stopped supporting Live Mail 2 years ago so it might be time to look for an alternative client.)

That's not entirely true, Windows Live has been integrated into Outlook, so you still have a live/ hotmail email address but you access it via the outlook site now. I still have a Live account which I use as a dumping ground for registering to sites that I don't want to give my real address to. According to Microsoft I'm Derrick Smalls, bassist of Spinal Tap :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 14:24 »
I really think I would like to trace my grandmothers roots (on my Fathers side)  I know her maiden name, and that she had Scottish relations.   Where should I start ?    Mrs Bouquet
I think you asked me this before, but the best place to start with is your local office records where all the old documents etc are archived. Bring as much info as you can and they will be able to show you where's best to look. A free internet one is familysearch.org which is run by The Church of the Latter Day Saints.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 16:23 »
Thanks Goosey.  you are right, I did ask you, but couldn't find that post.  Mrs Bouquet

Elaine G

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 00:45 »
Mrs Bouquet I'm not sure if it is the same where you live, but I have recently found out that I can access ancestry.co.uk and Findmypast for free at our local library.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to master it,  :lol:  but I would like to find out about my maternal grandfather's family.

Sorry everyone, well off topic here!!

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

xx
Deleted email posts problem

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2020, 07:14
by Growster...
xx
Appropriate emails

Started by Veg Plot 1B on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 07:21
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
Too many emails

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 21:56
by John
xx
Cannot get into Emails

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 13:11
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 55 queries.