Cannot get into Emails

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Cannot get into Emails
« on: June 16, 2018, 11:05 »
Computer probs again ! I cannot access my Yahoo e mails.  Cannot reach this page says, temporary dns fault.
then it says  INET-E-RESOURCE-NOT-FOUND.  It will not let me fresh the page, and I have turned off laptop and router, and switched back on, but that didn't work.   I have so far spent a couple of hours this am reading how to fix it (Windows 10), but it is too technical.  Is there an easy way to sort this, and I just cannot understand computer jargon.  Something says press windows button + X, but I don't even know what the windows button is  :nowink: :nowink: :nowink: :nowink: I am soooo pathetic.   Any help to get me back into my emails will be appreciated, as I use it a lot for my charities work and appointments.
I really don't want to call somebody in bcause it is so expensive.     Thanks folk, in advance, Mrs Bouquet
PS:   When I have got instructions on the screen, how can I do them, when I have to come out of them to follow them.  No, don't laugh, oh, ok then.
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mrs bouquet

Re: Cannot get into Emails
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:20 »
Its mended - My computer tutor rang me and we fixed on the 'phone.  I had 23 e-mails to check  ::)

We have now come up with a plan, when he comes here on 29th June, to fix my new Sky router and do the transfer, he is going to set my computer up with a link to him.  Then if I have a problem, I can press his icon and then he can fix it - how magic is that.   He is so brilliant and knows how important my computer is to me because of my virtually total deafness.   I shall have to mention him in Dispatches, and give him an award or a sainthood.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  thanks to all the people who took time to read the initial thread.  regards Mrs Bouquet

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 15:32 »
I would recommend that you NEVER EVER give someone else that much access to your computer, no matter how nice he seems.
It would give him control/access to everything stored your computer. Do  you bank on-line, have personal details there that would allow him to commit fraud using your name/details, even just your email a/c details could be useful in committing fraud.

Please don't do that..

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 16:45 »
I would recommend that you NEVER EVER give someone else that much access to your computer, no matter how nice he seems.
It would give him control/access to everything stored your computer. Do  you bank on-line, have personal details there that would allow him to commit fraud using your name/details, even just your email a/c details could be useful in committing fraud.

Please don't do that..
I agree with MoS, Mrs B, although it seems like a perfect solution, particularly when you're not computer savvy.  I can't sort out any problems either, but the only person with a link to my computer is my son.  Please don't trust anyone else with access to all your personal records because even information that seems of little consequence to us can be used for all sorts of mischief in the wrong hands.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 18:28 »
Ok, Guys that is sound advice of which I hadn't realised.   Now all I must do is think of a tactful way of telling him.  Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 08:45 »
Now all I must do is think of a tactful way of telling him. 

Maybe say that you thought it was a good idea, but then thought that it would make you rely on him, rather than try and learn yourself and you are determined to get better at all this computer stuff.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 12:32 »
Yes, I am thinking along saying that, which has an essence of truth anyway.   It is so hard when you are alone, and very cynical about life in general, and sometimes I think I must learn to trust more.   BUT, on this occasion, you are completely right, I hadn't realised he could access EVERYTHING.  I am such a dimbo.
Thanks for all your help and advice.  regards Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 13:11 »
Hey, I am always wary of anything on either my PC messages or phone calls. No-one uses my PC unless it's my OH and he's under instructions not to fiddle with anything unless I've shown him what to press etc. No matter how nice and friendly someone is towards you, beware of how scammers work in getting you on their side.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Appropriate emails

Started by Veg Plot 1B on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 07:21
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
Too many emails

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 21:56
by John
xx
Emails going to spam ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 22, 2019, 17:06
by mumofstig
xx
Scam emails

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 20:28
by jezza

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 47 queries.