Make a lifter for your pud

• 1 Replies

Spana

Make a lifter for your pud
« on: December 05, 2009, 16:18 »
You need a ball of cotton string that i think is for parcels and a crochet hook. If you can crochet a chain you can make a lifter  :) and remember, a lifter is not just for Christmas.  :lol: Use it to lift all your puds, steak and kidney, syrup sponge or spotted dick, what ever   :tongue2:
I just make it up as i go along, it doesn't need to be perfect. Make two handles that cross over as it makes for safer lifting. You just put your uncooked pud into the lifter and place in saucepan or steamer. The bottom of the lifter protects the bottom of the basin from touching the bottom of the saucepan   :)
If you use the pudding basins with a snap on lid its even more convenient. I top my puds with a bit of foil and put an elastic band on to hold it tight. Fold the foil back over the band and you can use the same band several times.
If you are  giving puddings as pressies make  lifters to put them in, then theres something to keep after the pudding has gone :happy:
Lakeland used to sell something similar but i haven't seen them for years.  If i remember right ,they were about £5, this one cost 15p to make :)
Have a go, and happy lifting   :lol:

Poolfield2

Re: Make a lifter for your pud
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 13:45 »
That's much more interesting than the rubber gloves I wear to lift them out. Pudding Lifter does sound a bit like a term of abuse! :lol:

xx
can I make ...

Started by starry on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post June 07, 2012, 19:55
by Mrs Bee
xx
Does anyone make their own sausages?

Started by Ice on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2009, 00:11
by GrannieAnnie
xx
New (to me) way to make a curry

Started by arugula on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 07:07
by arugula
xx
What chutney to make next?

Started by amandaandherveg on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

15 Replies
Last post September 14, 2008, 13:07
by Novice but totally hooked

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 39 queries.