Cheapest way to keep out rabbits etc.

• 22 Replies

muntjac

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 21:16 »
yes ,what happens is this the rabbit dies  because the virus affects the eyes and the respiratory system .in the later stages it cannot see so starves to death ,if you get rabbits in the early stages you can stil eat thjem as i have done  but in the later stages they are so skinny its better to just cull them , what spreads myxi is a flea this can travel on your person to your home and infect any rabbits you keep as pets . nowadays myxi is being caught by the rabbits but they are survivng if it breaks out in the later part of the year,, you can tell a rabbit that has had it by the scabby appearance around its eyes , if you cannot break a myxi rabbits neck then please hit it hard on the head  a couple of times ,far better this that it starving , :(
still alive /............

sparky

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 02:03 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
yes ,what happens is this the rabbit dies  because the virus affects the eyes and the respiratory system .in the later stages it cannot see so starves to death ,if you get rabbits in the early stages you can stil eat thjem as i have done  but in the later stages they are so skinny its better to just cull them , what spreads myxi is a flea this can travel on your person to your home and infect any rabbits you keep as pets . nowadays myxi is being caught by the rabbits but they are survivng if it breaks out in the later part of the year,, you can tell a rabbit that has had it by the scabby appearance around its eyes , if you cannot break a myxi rabbits neck then please hit it hard on the head  a couple of times ,far better this that it starving , :(

Good info muntjac, I'v caught many a bunny with black scars above the eyes and found them no different than the "clean" ones.  :)

David.

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 14:12 »
Our vet says it OK for dogs to eat them if the have mixi.

My preferred choice is to deny them access to crops, used in conjunction with a silenced pre-charged .22 air rifle.

muntjac

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 22:01 »
silenced .22 rim.at 80 yds for me  :wink:

Bodger

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 14:53 »
Shootem quick whilst you've still got carrots to put in the stew :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 16:08 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
Shootem quick whilst you've still got carrots to put in the stew :lol:

Is that rabbit stew Bodger  :roll:

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 22:39 »
we only shoot those who work out how to scale the fence. the trouble is you cannot be at the garden 24/7 so the fence has to be the maine deterrent. if i find rabbit poo then i wait and end the problem other wise us and the rabbit get along.
always have a target
and an objective.

sparky

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 01:48 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
silenced .22 rim.at 80 yds for me  :wink:

Yeh, I always said "close range" was the best if your eyesights going.

xx
Cheapest place for VW passat cambelt job

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post March 28, 2009, 08:15
by Larkshall

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 35 queries.