Great portable stove for the allotment

• 37 Replies

gobs

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 21:25 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
I saw this cooking tripod at Woodfest in St Asaph. I've currently got a mate making me one. I reckon its going to be great for a bit of outdoor cooking and hand warming. :D

You should have a lot of good use and joy out of it, Bodger. :)
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

muntjac

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 21:37 »
i melt lead on mine at the minute lol :lol:
still alive /............

mushroom

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 21:58 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
:roll: i know i'm a terrible worrywort but mushroom is it safe for you to keep(what looks like) an aerosol can right next to the stove?

well, the wd-40 isn't 'kept' there - but fair comment it shouldn't have been there when I was using it. Saying that, though - it discharged almost no heat at the sides. According to the instructions, it should be at least 20cm from the wall, but again, saying that, the side of the shed didn't get warm at all.

muntjac

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 22:01 »
i thought it was fer ya sarnies ,,,,,, apparantly it is edible to fish  :lol:  :lol: anglers have used it to attract the fish  :wink:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 23:58 »
Quote from: "brucesgirl"
We've got one like that too - does yours come with a handy carry box?

I've got one like that in my lottie shed too, carry box an all.  First thing I do when I get to the lottie is put the kettle on.   :lol:

mushroom

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 00:56 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
i thought it was fer ya sarnies ,,,,,, apparantly it is edible to fish  :lol:  :lol: anglers have used it to attract the fish  :wink:

must try that sometime  :o  :D  :lol:

mushroom

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
I've got one like that in my lottie shed too, carry box an all.  First thing I do when I get to the lottie is put the kettle on.   :lol:

hah, I thought it was just me who did that - but then again, I cycle to the lottie. After loading and attaching the trailer to the bike, then riding it there, I've worked up quite a sweat. That's my excuse 8)

My carry-box thing broke. No worries though, the lottie is what it's for and where it'll stay.

mushroom

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 02:28 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
:roll: i know i'm a terrible worrywort but mushroom is it safe for you to keep(what looks like) an aerosol can right next to the stove?

Actually, it's not so silly after all. Do you see the bit in the picture, where the dial is? Well, that dial is the control/regulator, and behind it, within the unit, is a can full of butane, which supplies fuel to the burner. So, no worries  :D

splodger

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 10:52 »
Quote from: "wildeone"
Quote from: "splodger"
but not down the lottie (no sheds allowed - so flask and beers for me down there)

I never knew some allotments might not allow sheds!!!! Seems strange really where do you keep your tools?

there are some purpose built units on site (but i don't have a key - 1 per full plot only -  but i have a half plot and let the old guy who gave up his half plot to keep use of the shed as his need is great than mine

i just drive my car to my plot - and keep tools in car - and a few odd bits i keep in an old coal bunker - the big things just get left out

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 17:25 »
I find that I have to fiddle with mine a lot at first to get the cannister to sit properly without squirting butane out when I take it out of its box.  Bit annoying because sometimes it needs an extra wedge of cardboard and other times it doesn't.

muntjac

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 17:36 »
it has a slot in the reciever valve that fits the cannister you need to make sure this is in the right place soozi or it will leak  :( and be dangerous

mushroom

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 19:25 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
I find that I have to fiddle with mine a lot at first to get the cannister to sit properly without squirting butane out when I take it out of its box.  Bit annoying because sometimes it needs an extra wedge of cardboard and other times it doesn't.

That means you aren't fitting it right. It should just drop in after slot alignment, without any effort whatsoever, and with no spillage or leakage.
Mine has a lever on the front, which must be set to 'unlock' before adding or removing the cannister. Then you line up the slots. On removal, it should just lift out.

You're either not doing it right or you have a defective unit.

flowergirl

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 15:12 »
i brought mine this morning and this is my first milky coffee on the plot yum,photo huge as ever :roll:

mushroom

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 16:25 »
love the carpet ...  :shock:  :shock:  :lol: it must be very cozy in there!!!

no way could I have carpet in mine, nevermind clean carpet, nevermind that colour!!!!! Do you hoover it every day?

shaun

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 19:08 »
a carpet in a shed  :roll: whats next wallpaper  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

xx
Wood Burning Stove

Started by mellowmick on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post May 30, 2006, 15:47
by mellowmick
xx
camping stove /greenhouse heater

Started by shaun on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post March 02, 2009, 21:54
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
great service

Started by Teabag on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post October 09, 2008, 15:53
by Gwiz
xx
great shed light!

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

17 Replies
Last post November 08, 2007, 23:12
by Calou

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 35 queries.