Narwhal Tusk

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Narwhal Tusk
« on: December 01, 2019, 11:57 »
I have read all the papers etc, regarding the sad incident on London Bridge.    But please can somebody tell me where did a person get the narwhal tusk from ?     I cannot find any information as to how this was acquired.   Thank you,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Narwhal Tusk
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 15:04 »
The attack started in Fishmongers Hall Mrs B, where the tusk was on the wall as a display piece.

Leaving aside all politics or judgements on the reasons behind what happened, I think those 3 men who tackled the attacker deserve medals.  They pushed themselves into an incredibly dangerous situation and saved others.  True superhero stuff.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 15:06 by New shoot »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 15:46 »
I did wonder if that's how he got hold of it, so thanks for confirming it.   regards, Mrs Bouquet

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 13:06 »
The attack started in Fishmongers Hall Mrs B, where the tusk was on the wall as a display piece.

Leaving aside all politics or judgements on the reasons behind what happened, I think those 3 men who tackled the attacker deserve medals.  They pushed themselves into an incredibly dangerous situation and saved others.  True superhero stuff.

Wasn't one of them also a murderer?  :ohmy:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 13:18 »

Sorry but I'm really not sure what you mean there.  The attacker was shot by the police once they saw a bomb.  It turned out not be real, but they didn't know that.

The men I am talking about were the ones shown in the video footage trying to stop the attacker from hurting anyone else, after he had killed and wounded people.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 16:58 »
Hopefully the law will be changed so that such dangerous people cannot be released to carry out such despicable crimes again.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 17:44 »

Sorry but I'm really not sure what you mean there.  The attacker was shot by the police once they saw a bomb.  It turned out not be real, but they didn't know that.

The men I am talking about were the ones shown in the video footage trying to stop the attacker from hurting anyone else, after he had killed and wounded people.

One of the "have a go heroes" people who pursued khan to stop his rampage was also a murder. The family of the person he murdered didn't know he was out and are quite upset.  :(

Most reputable link I could find about it, unless the metro counts.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-bridge-attack-stabbing-latest-convicted-murderer-day-release-james-ford-a9227216.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 17:45 by WeavingGryphon »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 18:07 »
One of the "have a go heroes" people who pursued khan to stop his rampage was also a murder. The family of the person he murdered didn't know he was out and are quite upset.  :(

Oh gotcha.  I knew that there were a lot of offenders and ex-offenders at the conference and that they had also helped.  I didn't know the full details as I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with the news the last few days.

It must be upsetting for the family of his victim, but I still think he deserves recognition of any bravery he showed that day.  It doesn't make the past go away, but he shouldn't be treated any differently from all the others.

Perhaps a win for those at the conference who are dedicated to rehabilitation of prisoners?  Whatever they do, it worked on him.  He turned into a person who would run towards a man with knives and a bomb to help stop him.

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 18:20 »
I have a lot of praise for those have a go people who brought what could have been more serious incident to an end and I'm sure we all have sympathy for all those who have lost love ones.

All I can say on this is that If I wish to take my grandchildren for a day out to London, I need to be reassured that it will be safe to walk around the city.  I am very proud of those involved including the general public and the London police, who do a marvellous job, and sometimes come under untold criticism for only doing there job.

I could say a lot more about this topic but this site is not the place [say no more].

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 11:58 »
I didn't mean for this thread to say anything except where did  the Tusk came from, and it was answered, thanks. Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 39 queries.