new girls finding there way

• 4 Replies

nzdunn

new girls finding there way
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:58 »
i got my two newest girlies last sunday, they were separated from my other 3  but could see each other through the fence, Wednesday i opened the gate which divded them and all seemed well, ok the odd chase and peck but nothing serious, the 3 other girls free range in the big garden but the two new girls are choosing to stay in the smaller garden under a conifer tree, coming out to drink and eat, yesterday i chased them out and locked them out in the big garden with the others but they dont want to join them, they just wander around themselves, is this just because there nervous and young birds or will they just lead separate lives away from the other 3       nickyx

dizzylizzie

Re: new girls finding there way
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:07 »
they will become one flock niky , dont worry and give it time hunny. you may start to get sqwabbles once they start to mix more, thats what happened with ours :D

nzdunn

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:12 »
well ive just got the new girls out from under the tree and put them all out in the big garden, they need to mix and there not gonna do that under the tree, i thought with them being youngsters they would want to stick more with the older 3.    Nickyx

dizzylizzie

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:18 »
they are just getting their bearings hunny, dont worry-it hasnt even been a week yet, give them time. Honastly, they will be a flock in no time :D

Hawthorn Harry

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 14:56 »
Nicki,

I introduced two newbies to my 'flock' and I think they must have been doing their own homework about integration.  Exactly 2 weeks to the day, a calm descended over them all and there have been no more squabbles.  The 2 newbies will stay on the periphery of the main mob but are definitely part of the team.  Occasionaly the two will wander off on their own but they rejoin the others (who hunt as a pack!!) when they like.

Don't worry they'll sort out the order soon, and then the craic will really begin!!!!!!!  :D

xx
finding ex batts

Started by nic n dave on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 18:57
by 4chooks
xx
Help in finding chicken poo pics...

Started by Pixieswift on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 11, 2011, 22:23
by Pixieswift
xx
Hints for finding a respectable breeder....

Started by rosierose on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 18:03
by ManicMum
xx
Help finding pullets in the north east

Started by emmabldl on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 11, 2008, 22:09
by flatcap

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 34 queries.