Dog and chicken licking!!

• 23 Replies

Foxy

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 21:29 »
Quote from: "mdueal"
Our little cocker spaniel LOVES chicken poo!! Its great - he hoovers it all up off the lawn!

He only ever goes for our sebright cockerel - mainly as this chicken gets flappy and panicks which is a bit of fun for the dog. He gets on very well with the others.....

mdueal -what a beautiful dog! wish I could have one :(

Belinda

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 21:31 »
Definately  :D  I know mine are disgusting. I think Catt  its quite sweet sounds like your dog is mothering the chicken. I don't think I am going to be so lucky with mine as one is a greyhound. As far as I am  aware when they  are puppies in Ireland some are trained with chickens to get the chase and kill instinct. Cruel I know to dog and chicken. I have been taking my two dogs most days to walk past some chickens that live up the road and rewarding them for good behaviour so fingers crossd they won't be too bad.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 22:16 »
What about the stuff you can get to paint on childrens nails to stop them biting them. Made to taste foul and presumably not toxic or you've got to wonder about feeding it to children!!!
A friend of mine had a quite aggressive, neutered, very boisterous malespringer spaniel which made me a little concered about the fact they took one of y cats kittens. Surprisingly the dog seeed to instantly take over mothering the kitten, carrying him about, licking him clean - unfortunatly generalyy just ended up wet and smelling of dog!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

peggyprice

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 08:48 »
I don't want my dogs eating the chicken poo - it's MINE and it's for MY COMPOST   :!:  :evil:  :!:  :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 09:01 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What a wonderful picture that is Peggy  :wink:

I can just see you wrestling the poo out of your dogs mouth, shouting

"It's MINE, it's MiNE "

Catt

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 14:31 »
Ha ha Mdueal!! I am glad it isn't just my dogs that are embarrssing!! - What a lovely picture, facially your cocker looks very similar in face to my Mac, I would post a photo but I don't know how!!  :?

I put some vaseline with a bit of mustard powder on the chucks rear end this morning and touch wood Pip hasn't been near her yet, although that may be because I gave him a telling off when I caught him doing it yesterday!

Both Pip and Mac like to eat chicken poo from the lawn and even go in the coop. I try to stop them because it makes me feel sick more than anything, they really are odd animals but I wouldn't change them! ha ha!!

Belinda, good luck with your greyhound, you may find desensitising them with other chickens works. My boyfriend 'works' both of our springers,so they are trained to flush out and retreive birds, so I was worried about chucks, but as our employers have some, who regularly wonder in to our garden, and the dogs regularly saw in the paddock, they got very used to them and the novelty of chasing them soon wore off! Lots of luck, let me know how you get on!!!

Belinda

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 14:43 »
Quote from: "Catt"
Belinda, good luck with your greyhound, you may find desensitising them with other chickens works. My boyfriend 'works' both of our springers,so they are trained to flush out and retreive birds, so I was worried about chucks, but as our employers have some, who regularly wonder in to our garden, and the dogs regularly saw in the paddock, they got very used to them and the novelty of chasing them soon wore off! Lots of luck, let me know how you get on!!!

Thanks Catt should be interesting I'll let you know how I get on. Should hopefully get some chickens in about a month when the hen house is finished. :)

Fat Hen

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 17:21 »
You could try feeding your chickens hot chilli peppers, the pooch may not be so interested in their poo then.

peggyprice

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 18:56 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"

What a wonderful picture that is Peggy  :wink:

I can just see you wrestling the poo out of your dogs mouth, shouting

"It's MINE, it's MiNE "

You know me so well, Aunty ... :wink:

xx
New Chicken ~Owner with Chicken Emergency

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:22
by Thingy
xx
help ill chicken

Started by scampy on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 31, 2008, 17:17
by chookiepaula
xx
Yet another ill chicken!!!

Started by Prod on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 24, 2013, 16:21
by ANHBUC
sad
Chicken

Started by Research 32 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 27, 2009, 21:52
by Foxy

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 39 queries.