Oops - I am getting more hens

• 3 Replies

cheriton

Oops - I am getting more hens
« on: May 15, 2010, 01:17 »
 :) I don't know what happened I was looking at hens and coops and the next thing I had rang the British Hen Welfare Trust and I have 3 battery hens to pick up on the 29th :wacko: :wacko:. Looks like my patio area is shrinking. We have had all of about 2 barbies over the last 2 years so never mind ;) ;).

I acquired a large Rabbit hutch today from Freecycle which is in excellent condition as it was only used a couple of weeks, the felt roof is off already waiting for the wooden/onduline one to go on, the mesh door is being replaced with marine ply and the smaller partitioned part with be changed into nest boxes. I will make a removeable low roosting pole in case they are too weak to roost initially. I have measured up for a run  :D :D so that will keep hubby busy.

Hubby thought I was losing the plot and suffering from chicken fever so I showed him some pictures of poor battery chickens and he read how they were dispatched after not reaching their 6 eggs a week quota - that worked ::) ::)

cheriton

Re: Oops - I am getting more hens
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 14:24 »
A very kind freecycler has offered me a chicken coop today complete with a run so I am off to collect it in a moment. It sounds and looks good ( the magic of the mobile phone camera) and has only been use for 5 months by a bunny. Any chewed parts can be replaced by Handy hubby  :D The very clean  (powerwashed and disinfected)rabbit hutch  minus a roof ;) will be put on freecycle :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 14:46 »
wow lucky you  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

cheriton

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 15:05 »
 :) I am buzzing at present joyful, just about to put together new coop to see how it fits in my postage stamp garden lol. One of the ponds may have to go :D.

I have found a home for the rabbit hutch, a lady who is also rescuing 3 ex bats in 2 weeks is taking it. I even got hubby to provide her with some marine ply for the roof so 6 hens saved ;) ;). I of course gave her details of this wonderful site to get  her all the best information on keeping hens  :)

xx
oops got lodgers

Started by rainie on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 14:47
by rainie
exclamation
Oops I think my chooks got a bit tipsy!

Started by freebirdy on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post February 10, 2012, 21:53
by YoungChickenLover
clip
New hens

Started by Geo on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 22:08
by BobE
exclamation
You'll never believe what my hens just ate!!!

Started by Pretty Chick on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 21:01
by graces-chickens

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 36 queries.