white mould

• 2 Replies

crowndale

white mould
« on: June 06, 2007, 18:11 »
I have a couple of bushes in the garden, not fruit bushes but they smell very sweet when you brush past them.  Anyway, never had any trouble with either, they are prolific growers and need a very thorough cut back each year to keep them in check, but this year, though growing as usual, they are covered in a white mould, all the new growth has it.  I have removed all new growth in case it spreads to other plants.  Any ideas what might have caused it and how possibly to prevent it coming back again?
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Trillium

white mould
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 03:14 »
Have you had much rain lately? If not, it could be powdery mildew, often mistaken as a wet mold. It thrives in dryness and if the bushes weren't pruned this year for airing, that adds to the fast spread.  Check the soil around the plants, dig about a foot down and see if it's dry or damp. It's not a serious problem but you might be stuck with it this year. Some plants like phlox and tickseed are notorious for it.

crowndale

white mould
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:08 »
It was very dry in april less dry in may and is now neither one nor t'other.  It certainly gets pruned, I am brutal with it every year!  But if it's not terminal then I'll not worry too much and just hope it grows back better later in the year.  thanks

xx
Michalmas Daisys - Grey/white mould ?

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post July 20, 2021, 11:30
by New shoot
xx
Mould in compost bin

Started by kath77 on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 17:02
by kath77
xx
Leaf Mould

Started by boosmummy on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post August 24, 2011, 12:32
by TerryB
xx
possible mould on apple trees

Started by karlooben on General Gardening

35 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 07:53
by barney rubble

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 38 queries.