Henrys Handy Hint Number 6

• 1 Replies

mkhenry

« on: May 29, 2007, 23:41 »
Right at this moment it seems impossible to think that before long we will be back to wishing it would rain. :( .........When this does happen it would be useful to have a reservoir or two of water around those plants that are drought sensitive.............This can be achieved by planting 2" 4"or even 6"flower pots in strategic places.The plants you know need that water most.Pop some clean pebbles and some tissue paper in the bottom of the pots,and when you water make sure you fill them to the brim.The idea is to slow down the water seepage and give you that much needed Reservoir, particularly those runners in mid and late summer when you cannot always get down the lottie at the same time.Sometimes being even an hour or two late on a scorching day can check their growth. 8)............You can use the smaller pots on toms,but do not over water them, and the larger on runners.Which I find almost impossible to over water. 8)
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

flowerlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 11:51 »
This one will be a great help to me this year as I will have no help at all on the plot :(  - just me  :?

...last year I buried upside down 2ltr milk bottles (with the bottom cut off) to use as water feeders for my toms.  I also had flowerpot rings round the plants ... this is where I was able to feed the toms ... seemed to work quite well.  Food to the stem roots and water to the base roots  :wink:  :D

... think I should have remembered to fill the water bottles with stones though ... this year perhaps! :roll:  :lol:
"He who plants a garden plants happiness"

xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 2

Started by mkhenry on General Gardening

14 Replies
Last post May 23, 2007, 21:13
by Welsh Girls Allotment
xx
Henrys Handy Hint Number 5

4 Replies
Last post May 30, 2007, 13:12
by Bagpuss
xx
Henrys Handy Hints Number 1 Couch Grass

9 Replies
Last post August 15, 2020, 15:17
by Leanne Boon
xx
Yet another handy hint ....

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 08, 2019, 10:54
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 35 queries.