Cheap bread machines

• 2 Replies

shokkyy

• Mishka
Cheap bread machines
« on: July 25, 2013, 10:26 »
In recent years I've only used my Panasonic bread machine for mixing dough, which I then take out and bake in the oven. I've known for some time the pan needed replacing because it's not really non-stick any more, but now the dough doesn't seem to be getting mixed very while either and it's not producing very good dough. I'm not inclined to repair the machine because the spare parts are so expensive that you can actually buy a cheap bread machine for less than the cost of the pan alone, let alone whatever is causing the problems with mixing.

So I need to buy another bread machine. Given I only want it to mix the dough, I see no point in paying a lot so it'll be one of the cheapies on the market. I'd also like it to have a much smaller footprint than the Panasonic, which does take up an awful lot of space. I would, however, like it to be smart enough to mix the different types of dough so I can still make dough for French, wholewheat or white bread as well as pizzas, that kind of thing. I'm not interested in buying one of the mixer machines with a dough hook because from what I've heard they don't last long unless you spend quite a lot.

So anybody have any recommendations, warnings, etc., on any of the cheap bread machines on the market?

Kleftiwallah

Re: Cheap bread machines
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:20 »

Try this guide, it's easy peasy - no standing over a pile of dough pounding away hour after hour! ::).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/sep/10/bake-your-own-bread

Cheers,   Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

lettice

Re: Cheap bread machines
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 14:57 »
Ive had a Morphy Richards one for many years now. Its a great machine.
I do a half and half loaf and basic white twice a week in it, perfect every time.
But often a few times a week just use dough mix and make french baguette, cottage loaves, rolls, sesame seeded loaves, nann, pitta.
Also hot cross buns, malt loaves, tea loves.
Its not really a lot cheaper than the Panasonic to buy though.

I know someone who bough the Cookworks one from Argos when their Panny broke, and they have been well pleased with it and only £37.99.
They do similar to me both basic breads in the machine and dough to make other breads and loaves.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9097966.htm
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 14:59 by lettice »

xx
Bread-making machines

Started by noshed on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

21 Replies
Last post May 31, 2008, 18:46
by Ice
xx
Bread-making machines

Started by noshed on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

47 Replies
Last post October 11, 2008, 14:02
by Aidy
xx
Home bread-making machines

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

29 Replies
Last post September 03, 2015, 21:50
by snowdrops
xx
Dehydrating Machines

Started by goldendaisy123 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

22 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 09:25
by Mrs Bee

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 38 queries.