Plans for 2017

• 18 Replies

Robster

Re: Plans for 2017
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24 »
I too have a little bit more space at my allotment.  I really grow plenty of stuff for eating fresh throughout the summer and right on through to the winter.  My over winter crops keep us well fed but it can be a little dull on the diet.  So my plan with the extra space is to grow vegetables for storage.  Green beans for freezing bean seeds for drying, celery for bottling.  Chard for cooking and freezing in blocks.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 10:01 »
I'm getting more and more into preserved crops for the winter.  You have some of my favourites there with dried beans and chard blocks  - so much tastier than the frozen spinach you can buy  :)

Together with homemade tomato sauce, braised red cabbage (this freezes beautifully), various beans including green beans and sweetcorn from the freezer, squash, onions and spuds from the shed, various pickles and chutneys, plus turnips, leeks, cabbage on the plot, we have been well fed so far this winter.  The perpetual spinach has been OK as well up to now, but snow today may finish that off for the winter.

Plans for 2017 :

More concentrating on the core crops and less distractions.  I end up trying to grow way too much for my available time and not doing a great job with a lot of it. 

Keep the plot simple.  Big blocks of crops that can mostly just get on with it.

Keep the faffy things like salad leaves and oriental greens at home, because its way easier to cope with them there.  No point growing it only to find it gone to seed on the next plot visit  ::)

That's the plan and the good intentions anyway  :lol:

Aled

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 16:09 »
I Hope to get some hens!
Cheers
Aled

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 18:29 »
Yes!! Finally l have got a plot. It's plot number 7 on the site so you could say I will be in seventh heaven😁

xx
In need of help with my plans. Please.

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post January 16, 2009, 14:40
by LivvyW
xx
Bed Plans

Started by Digger Mum on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 05, 2009, 17:40
by Digger Mum
xx
hello all what are you plans

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 20:10
by Togalosh
xx
Plans for 2009

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post November 06, 2008, 17:15
by digital_biscuit

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 36 queries.