here come the courgettes! Add your recipes.

• 117 Replies

wighty

Re: here come the courgettes! Add your recipes.
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2014, 21:42 »
Courgettes roasted with a dribble of chilli oil is brill.  Gives them a little je ne sais quoi!

nannytroll

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2015, 10:36 »
As discussed elsewhere, the sugarsnap peas are stringy this year. I've just added equal quantities of courgettes and made a huge batch of soup. It works!

compostqueen

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2015, 11:38 »
Not tried it yet but next up is courgette hummus. Apparently it's lush. We'll see. Have tahini, just waiting for the courgettes to grow a bit. They should be ready by noon  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2015, 13:24 »
Had a really nice salad in a restaurant recently, super simple. It was simply shredded courgette, tossed in a light oil dressing, a few chopped anchovies and black olives. Lots of black pepper. Was really yum

nannytroll

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2015, 08:24 »
Not tried it yet but next up is courgette hummus. Apparently it's lush. We'll see. Have tahini, just waiting for the courgettes to grow a bit. They should be ready by noon  :D
:D :D :D Conjours up a lovely image of you waiting for the church clock to strike!

jaydig

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2015, 09:04 »
This is quite simple and tasty as an accompaniment.  Use a mandolin to cut courgettes into fine, long batons, then simply toss them in a plastic bag of well seasoned flour, shake off the surplus, and deep fry in very hot oil for a couple of minutes. Drain and serve.  Even my husband likes this, and he is not a courgette lover.

compostqueen

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2015, 15:17 »
Oh yes, it was just like High Noon, clanging chimes of doom  :D  I got my courgettes though so worth the wait :)

I made it!  It's fabbo. I tested it out on my husband, not mentioning the dreaded word "courgette", and gave him some fresh cut cucumber out the greenhouse to dip in.  He loved it! So did I. You'd never know it was courgette related  8)

Basically whizz up in the food processor:-

2 med courgettes, peeled and chopped,  sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste, 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup tahini, 1/3 cup olive oil,1.5 tspns ground cum, 1/3 cup lemon juice. 

Growster...

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2015, 13:58 »
This probably a version of this recipe here, so apols if it's been tried... (Mrs Growster does all the cooking normally, but as a chum gave me the recipe, she said I could try it, but don't expect treats like this all the time)

I've just had a courgette, bacon and creme fraiche fry-up, with garlic and parmesan, and it was to die for...

(Perhaps the wrong term, but it's well worth doing)! Just fry the bacon in chunks, add the courgettes when it's turning, add the garlic, then toss the lot in a couple of dollops of creme fraiche, and serve up with with a bit of grated parmesan on top...

And have it with a bit of pasta, baked Italian-seasoned tomatoes and a few runner beans for colour...

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2015, 16:31 »
I am sure it is on here but salt&vinegar courgette crisps have been popular here. Even caught hubby snacking on them and he doesn't really like veg - especially courgettes  :closedeyes:

Slice with a mandolin, per large bowl of slices use a tablespoon of cider vinegar, spread out on dehydrator trays, brush/spray with a teeny tiny amount of oil, sprinkle with salt, flip and repeat. Dehydrate for around 14-15 hours on 55C

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2015, 15:50 »
We're going with the high fat comfort version today, battered with tzatziki and home made halloumi, picky stuff. Having the goats we eat a lot of gone wrong cheese and yoghurt :lol: :lol: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2016, 22:44 »
I liked these courgette and cheese fritters, using dried mint and grated cheddar instead of the feta  :nowink:
http://www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/view/recipe/courgette-fritters-with-feta

Comfreypatch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2016, 12:38 »
Last night I made courgette and bean fritters, which we had for dinner. Today I have cooked up a batch of courgette and red pepper fritters for the freezer. Recipe from kitchen garden magazine a few years ago. Courgette and tomato soup is another staple. I often add some courgette in when I make my usual hummus. I also have a recipe for courgette and dried Apple hummus from the guardian paper 2013.
Diary  http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116469.0

Comments http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116484.0

Digger the Dog

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2017, 09:13 »
Much to my surprise, this tasted really nice :) - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2534665/courgette-loaf-cake

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2017, 13:56 »
Another one to try..have you tried the courgette and chocolate cake yet? That's good as well  :D

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=43983.msg516126#msg516126

compostqueen

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2017, 15:04 »
I did courgette Blue cheese soup yesters with 900g of overblown ones. Lush it is too  :tongue2: :tongue2:
 The HFW courgette polpettes are way nice. 

Next up courgette muffins, made with yeller uns  :D

xx
Any recipes for stuffing large courgettes/marrows or squashes?

Started by devonbarmygardener on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post September 15, 2013, 12:03
by Annen
xx
can not see recipes

Started by kevinp on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 08:54
by joyfull
smiley
recipes

Started by phil-c on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 19, 2010, 18:17
by phil-c
xx
Recipes

Started by Val H on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post November 25, 2008, 21:31
by Beetroot queen

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 56 queries.