Flymo DM Cultivator

• 2 Replies

EarithAdam

Flymo DM Cultivator
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:41 »
Hi Everyone

'long term visitor, first time registered'

I need a bit of advice before I start taking my DM apart. I love my DM given to me by my father-in law. Its about as old as I am (32) but still works hard.

I was happily rotovating away today and it gave a judder and the tines stopped moving but the flywheel for the 'gear box' just kept spinning. I turned it off and inspected the machine. The tines where free wheeling and so was the flywheel, just not together!

I think I have snapped a chain in the box, but as it is 'un-serviceable' being welded together rather than bolted. What I want to know is has this happened to anyone else and how if they did fix it. I don't really want to have to part with it as its a good machine and anything so far that has gone wrong is easily fixed with minimal fuss.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Adam

jezza

Re: Flymo DM Cultivator
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 23:38 »
 hi if your machine has a oil filler bung in the chain case remove bung and use a screw driver to feel for the chain against the top of the chain case if its still there the key way in the pully as probably sheared ,if chain not there then its a matter of striping the machine down and grinding the chaincase in two, replace chain and reweld orcut a section out of each end of chain case and drop new chain in and join at the bottom  not as much welding this way   jezza

Beezer

Re: Flymo DM Cultivator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 18:35 »
Hi Everyone

'long term visitor, first time registered'

I need a bit of advice before I start taking my DM apart. I love my DM given to me by my father-in law. Its about as old as I am (32) but still works hard.

I was happily rotovating away today and it gave a judder and the tines stopped moving but the flywheel for the 'gear box' just kept spinning. I turned it off and inspected the machine. The tines where free wheeling and so was the flywheel, just not together!

I think I have snapped a chain in the box, but as it is 'un-serviceable' being welded together rather than bolted. What I want to know is has this happened to anyone else and how if they did fix it. I don't really want to have to part with it as its a good machine and anything so far that has gone wrong is easily fixed with minimal fuss.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Adam

Adam

I have a Flymo DM that you can have for spares,  its been left outside and I was just going to scrap it.

Let me know if you want it.  I'm near Watford.

Andy

xx
Flymo (a.k.a. Norlett?) cultivator

Started by emseedee on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post February 21, 2010, 12:10
by sandman
xx
Flymo DM Help

Started by Nufan182 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2013, 10:41
by smud6ie
xx
Flymo dm

Started by cray0752 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2008, 14:09
by Browser
xx
flymo GTA Help

Started by Daytona on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2017, 21:30
by Daytona

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 35 queries.