My girls not talking to me.

• 5 Replies

redjane11

My girls not talking to me.
« on: July 14, 2011, 19:44 »
My girls arn't talking to me at moment.
The reason!! 
They are being wormed, No treats, no free ranging, just cooped up in their run.
Just hope they don't try and break out of their run. They very cunning, the tiniest hole they find in fence and they will try and escape.
I have never known the feed pot empty as fast.
The girl that was laying soft eggs has improved, now only 1 egg, some days none. shells have improved a bit but still not brilliant.  ::)
Adopt a chicken

emmaellis

Re: My girls not talking to me.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 23:42 »
I can empathise with you there! My 3 are on day six of treatment and and I'm sure they will never forgive me if the looks they're giving me are anything to go by!
I'm sure they've lost a little weight as they are not impressed with the layers that contain the flubenvet but after the first day I think they realised it was that or nothing! (still laying daily though)
I am hoping to make peace with them on saturday when I hang up a cabbage by way of an apology!   :)

Helenaj

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:35 »
Snap! Day 1 of worming today and they saw me coming out with just the feeders and no treat bowl - talk about if looks could kill! It doesn't help that I have given some treats to my neighbours hens as he tends to neglect them. Cue a line of faces at my fence giving me killer looks whilst a couple of hens get a handful of corn. My head hen - Brunhilda (Barnevelder) just stomped off down the compound.

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 20:50 »
I'm also worming at the moment, but have been putting the flubervet into treats so they eat it in one go and then free range as normal. I just couldn't bear to go through all the dirty looks, blanking and back chat I had last time.

Alice - Australorp
Bernadette - Barnevelder
Dora - Silver Grey Dorking
LilliBet - Cream Leg Bar

rachelr

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 22:50 »
how doyou work out the amounts to put in a one dose thing. I have bantams and hybrids free ranging and have been a bit worried they might not get enough?

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 21:40 »
I worked on the 6g being enough for two hens over 7 days (more than enough actually), as the 6g scoop was actually a 5ml measuring soon, I simply filled a child's nurofen syringe with Flubervet. Each day I dispense out 3/4 ml out of the syring into a treat, by tapping and pushing down plunger. Give it a mix and put down in two bowls.

Both hens eat in seconds, if the big one pinches some of the others treat, it won't hurt as it's bigger and probably needs a bit more anyway.

I have a drawer full of these syringes as my twins were regularly dosed on Nurofen for colds and what have you.

It's worked a treat and I can see the difference in their poos in 5 days.

xx
Alphie is really not talking to me

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post August 11, 2014, 19:44
by New shoot
xx
Talking chicken

Started by Elvira on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post February 24, 2013, 22:31
by Dawnuss
xx
Talking Turkey

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

27 Replies
Last post December 27, 2012, 22:45
by GrannieAnnie
xx
New girls

Started by Elvira on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 18:25
by splash101

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 32 queries.