Plastic greenhouse from T&M

• 4 Replies

tallulah

Plastic greenhouse from T&M
« on: February 04, 2012, 13:45 »
I see in one of the T&M brochures that they are selling a 6'x6' plastic greenhouse, designed for quick erection and take-down - looks high enough to stand up in, and appears to have a large opening on both sides (I think) - hard to tell from photo.   

I was wondering if I could erect 2 or 3 of these as a 1 continuous greenhouse/polytunnel, somehow ensuring I could connect the door openings  - instead of buying a polytunnel.

Any thoughts?  Not sure how I could connect and avoid gaps, unless I glued/sewed the doorways together, or got hold of extra plastic.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: Plastic greenhouse from T&M
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 13:47 »
Seems to me from reading other's people's experiences of this type of greenhouse, that you may well be trying to sew three kites together!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 16:57 »
I've just purchased something similar, but mine is going into a very sheltered corner of my house. I'll tuck it into the L shaped, wind protected area of my back porch. No way would I put it out in the open for as Dave says, it would immediately turn into a kite.

The framing is usually poly tubing and ultra light. Even if you set blocks along the whole base area, wind would still do a lot of damage by sucking at the poly covering and soon tearing it.

Mine will be just out of wind range so I don't expect any damages. It came with lots of snap together shelving and staging, all of which will be boxed up again in late spring when I no longer need it. Works well for me as I have nowhere to place a standard greenhouse.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 23:27 »
Seems to me from reading other's people's experiences of this type of greenhouse, that you may well be trying to sew three kites together!

Completely agree with this!

I have tried most of these types of plastic small greenhouse and no matter how good they seem, the first decent gust of wind and the neighbours are knocking on the door to return the various parts from their gardens and I am facing the devastation to the plants. I've tried and tried and tried and ultimately could have saved myself a lot of time and actually money over the last 5 years if I'd just bought a greenhouse!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

tallulah

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 16:18 »
Thanks for the tips!  I don't fancy chasing around after some airborne bubbles!

xx
Plastic greenhouse

Started by RJR_38 on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post March 31, 2014, 07:41
by RJR_38
xx
greenhouse or plastic growhouse

Started by jenn on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 12:32
by savbo
xx
Repairs to a plastic greenhouse?

Started by aelfryth on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post November 27, 2008, 13:42
by nellie.b
xx
Best plastic for greenhouse frames

Started by Only1Dionne on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post February 04, 2010, 21:27
by DD.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 33 queries.