Farmers Market

• 6 Replies

rowlandwells

Farmers Market
« on: January 16, 2021, 12:32 »
Have you been watching the Farmers Market program that's on the Tele in the afternoons i love to watch it there really dedicated to growing fresh veg  and it looks very nice veg what they have grown also there's the  chap with the vinery and those producing fresh meat that's all sold  on the Farmers Markets

there not going to be millionaire's but what a life and i know from experience when my wife had a market stall i used to help out when i was of work getting out of bed drive to the market set up the stall what a job when it was raining then packing all the goods away and the stall we sold plants and silk flowers never ever sold out :D

i wasn't sorry when she packed it in and got a job with the post so i know these markets are a hit and miss some days you take money the next  time hardly worth turning out and the weather plays an important part of that but the upside was we met a lot of nice people who took the trouble to come and pass the time of day

PhilConnors

Re: Farmers Market
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 16:32 »
I stumbled upon it this week Rowland and it was a nicely put together programme. Loved the different outlooks and also seriously impressed with the effort involved.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 17:34 »
Yes I came across this, this week & will be looking for it on the iplayer so I can watch from the beginning. We need more of theses sort of programmes so people realise what a hard but worthwhile job farming is. Maybe then as a nation we could come together to produce more of our own food & save some of the imports & all the red tape.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 18:32 »
I 've been watching it every day and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  There is another one at lunch time about farming life as well which is watchable.  We don't have a farmer's market here which I would love.  There is a small market in Newport on Fridays but that's Companies not local growers or producers.  We used to once or twice a year go to Lymington on a Saturday where the High Street is lined with stalls and loved it.  I was even seen with a shopping trolley! :D

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 20:15 »
Just watched episode 1 on the iplayer, apparently this is series 5   :ohmy: unfortunately the other 4 series aren’t on the iplayer  :wub:

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 16:32 »
I love your reply snowdrops because its so very true what your saying  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 16:47 »
 Just watching today’s episode, they’re at Bowhouse market , I’ve been there a couple of years ago when we stayed in Pittenweem, just down the road, the organiser has just said it’s in its 3rd year, I’d just said to hubby that I thought it had just started the year we went. It really was a fantastic market.

xx
Farmers and their weeds

Started by tallgingerbloke on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 17:43
by The Golden Heap
xx
farmers field plant id

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 11:44
by Aunt Sally
xx
how do farmers grow sweet corn?

Started by azubah on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post March 15, 2010, 19:51
by Mark-S
xx
YOUNG FARMERS, WHAT A LOVELY LOT AND SOOO PLYABLE!

Started by LILACSPLASH on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 05, 2007, 09:24
by fluffypebble

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 38 queries.