Lily Weernderris Lala

• 12 Replies

pricklyflower

Lily Weernderris Lala
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:47 »

I am allergic to cheese and my son is allergic to guinea pig hair just makes me laugh. We used to have a pony who's whole name was lily wernderris lala what on earth, we didn't name her either but at local shows had to use her full show name.  ::)

Beetroot Queen - I now own Wernderris Lala - who we love dearly, have owned her for almost 7 years now. Would love to swap stories, I did try and PM you but didn't see an option so apologies for hi-jacking this thread!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:32 by joyfull »

Beetroot queen

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:53 »

I am allergic to cheese and my son is allergic to guinea pig hair just makes me laugh. We used to have a pony who's whole name was lily wernderris lala what on earth, we didn't name her either but at local shows had to use her full show name.  ::)

Beetroot Queen - I now own Wernderris Lala - who we love dearly, have owned her for almost 7 years now. Would love to swap stories, I did try and PM you but didn't see an option so apologies for hi-jacking this thread!

7 years good god thats gone quick. We dont have ponies anymore at all, the kids after being thrown refused point blank to ever get back on another ony  ::) they turned musical instead, not sure which is cheaper.

You wont be able to pm until you have more posts.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:33 by joyfull »

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:22 »
Members need 10 posts before they can pm but it doesn't take much to notch those 10 posts up.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

pricklyflower

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:51 »
We bought her from a lady in Jersey (I'm in Guernsey, Channel Islands) and she's just been a pleasure to own. Daughter now slightly too big but as she's so slight and Lilly quite podgy she can still ride her. She took her showing last weekend and came home with a trophy and lots of ribbons. We are taking her jumping tomorrow. Just for a bit of fun. We love her loads and as she's so easy we have no plans to sell. A friend brings her two little ones down to ride her regularly. Do you have any photos? Would love to see her :)

Beetroot queen

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:23 »
We bought her from a lady in Jersey (I'm in Guernsey, Channel Islands) and she's just been a pleasure to own. Daughter now slightly too big but as she's so slight and Lilly quite podgy she can still ride her. She took her showing last weekend and came home with a trophy and lots of ribbons. We are taking her jumping tomorrow. Just for a bit of fun. We love her loads and as she's so easy we have no plans to sell. A friend brings her two little ones down to ride her regularly. Do you have any photos? Would love to see her :)

The lady she went to from here cant have kept her for more than a few months then, we found lily had a very short temper and hated my husband if he even walked past he got a kick.  ::) we used to have two ponies a little welsh mountain called Alice and lily, lily was meant to be the progression pony after alice but she was rather fiesty for my two and needed someone stronger to ride her.

Aice on the other hand needed a bomb under her, bomb proof was the word for her. I think they were two extremes and that was where we went wrong. Shame really but i am glad she found a super home.

Alice was also rehomed shortly after and is now in germany of all places. I'll have to have a dig around for pics as i am not so sure i have them now, they were on my photobucket account which i spent a whole day clearing out a few weeks ago.  >:(

pricklyflower

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 19:54 »
The lady she went to from here cant have kept her for more than a few months then, we found lily had a very short temper and hated my husband if he even walked past he got a kick.  ::) we used to have two ponies a little welsh mountain called Alice and lily, lily was meant to be the progression pony after alice but she was rather fiesty for my two and needed someone stronger to ride her.

Aice on the other hand needed a bomb under her, bomb proof was the word for her. I think they were two extremes and that was where we went wrong. Shame really but i am glad she found a super home.

Alice was also rehomed shortly after and is now in germany of all places. I'll have to have a dig around for pics as i am not so sure i have them now, they were on my photobucket account which i spent a whole day clearing out a few weeks ago.  >:(

Lilly can still be quite opinionated if she doesn't like someone or something. She went out on loan when my daughter finished first ridden / nursery on her but she only lasted about 3 months, the people that had her said they'd never come across a pony like her (going for the children, kicking their mare, etc) , it was difficult for me to understand this as she has always been an angel for us and the one that I could ALWAYS trust with children in the field. She's the easiest pony we've ever had, which is why I've not sold her now daughter is on 14.2hh's as I couldn't bare to part with her. She's 15 now and slowing down a bit. The lady I bought her from, her child used to hunt her regularly in Jersey, she has some cracking pictures of her jumping large banks, etc.

Here she is in action back in 2010, my daughter's last BS show in Nursery HERE

and here are some pics from a show last weekend.... we are jumping her tomorrow at our local RC! Daughter busy cleaning her tack!

http://emotion.photium.com/grh-130713-153
http://emotion.photium.com/grh-130713-694
http://emotion.photium.com/grh-130713-696#photo

I have loads more on fb - are you on there? Let me know and as soon as I have 10 posts  ::) I'll send you a link to mine if you want to keep in touch to see how she's getting on?

Modified to shorten link
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:34 by joyfull »

Beetroot queen

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 20:01 »
Not on facebook but as soon as you can recieve pms i'll let you have my email.
She hated my husband, she never kicked me once but she did with alice a few times. Not that alice seemed to notice.

Stunning pics, my daughter just said i wish we still had ponies. Oh no not likely i said she has a harp now instead.  :lol:

pricklyflower

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 21:56 »
Not on facebook but as soon as you can recieve pms i'll let you have my email.
She hated my husband, she never kicked me once but she did with alice a few times. Not that alice seemed to notice.

Stunning pics, my daughter just said i wish we still had ponies. Oh no not likely i said she has a harp now instead.  :lol:

I shall have to try and make a few more posts - I only joined up after I lost the website for the old BS Photo's that I linked above and did a google of her show name and your post came up!

My daughter would like a harp but has said she wouldn't swap Lilly for one, she will just have to make do with her piano and guitar! :) At least she can't fall off those  :tongue2:

Beetroot queen

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 21:58 »
My daughter plays four instruments she has been told she doesnt have time for a horse.  :lol:

pricklyflower

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 16:13 »
My daughter plays four instruments she has been told she doesnt have time for a horse.  :lol:

It's a cleaner hobby too!! We had a great day today, 5th, 2nd and 1st and leading rider of whole show, she had a massive rosette, shield and sash, hopefully you can see this pic, this was before we knew she had got the leading rider https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151794170191563&set=a.71471431562.97159.791031562&type=1&theater unfortunately when they called Grace to the arena to pick up the leading rider stuff Lilly was already untacked and in the horsebox.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:35 by joyfull »

BobE

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 16:18 »
Easier if I add it to the thread.  Excellent.  Is that BQ's old horse? (Old as in previouse)

Horse.jpg

Beetroot queen

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 16:55 »
Easier if I add it to the thread.  Excellent.  Is that BQ's old horse? (Old as in previouse)

Yep thats the kids old pony. Well done grace and lily outstanding performance  :D

BobE

Lily Weernderris Lala
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 17:13 »
Nice looker, I like the white socks.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 37 queries.