Bushnell battery-operated wild life camera.

• 11 Replies

Goosegirl

Bushnell battery-operated wild life camera.
« on: February 03, 2019, 13:44 »
I would love to get one of these to see what's happening in my garden when I'm not looking. Has anyone tried this make as they're supposed to be one of the best. If so, which model did you get and how well did it perform?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Mr Dog

Re: Bushnell battery-operated wild life camera.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 17:30 »
Not a Bushnell, but I've got an Apeman H68 (about 1/3rd the price) that I'm very pleased with. If you want to pm me your email I'll send you a few photos/videos to have a look at.

Edit: model No corrected
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:40 by Mr Dog »

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 18:19 »
 I have two cams  Acorn 6310 mc 1080p well worth the money  {we were having trouble with cats and a fox ]
 got the footage we wanted, also caught the thief who was stealing  the money we put out for the milk lady,
 but i must say you only get what you pay for, have a look on ebay  or amazon them sites may do them, if you just want to have a look to see whats about and  make sure it has a timer ie  you  can  set the time it comes on  like 9pm to 5am so any thing that walks in front  of the pir will be caught on the sd card,  also have a look on youtube  type in trail cams, lets us know how you get on,,,
Colin

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:19 »
Thanks for that, will do. Meant to ask, how do you view the pics? I've just got a TV and a basic PC so if it's via a SIM card where do you insert it? (Polite answers only please).  :nowink:

Mr Dog

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 14:13 »
Thanks for that, will do. Meant to ask, how do you view the pics? I've just got a TV and a basic PC so if it's via a SIM card where do you insert it? (Polite answers only please).  :nowink:

Mine uses an SD card which can be removed to view the pics on a PC. It can also be connected directly to a TV using a composite cable (usually connector coloured yellow on the TV). It uses either 4 or 8 AA batteries (8 just last longer - I use rechargeable NiMH which give well over 1 month per charge) or a separately available 12V DC.
STC_0471.jpg
STC_0583.jpg
STC_4675.jpg
STC_0164.JPG

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 17:42 »
A good chum used to have a camera where he could fix it close to - say - a bird table, and set it to click every half minute or so, until the battery ran down.

This may be what you have in mind of course...

As for the microchip, you can easily use this in any PC, and copy the pics across to the folder where you keep all - er - those other pics, by 'dragging and dropping'!

(Think I'd better stop at this juncture..;0)

Mr Dog

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 19:11 »
A good chum used to have a camera where he could fix it close to - say - a bird table, and set it to click every half minute or so, until the battery ran down.

This may be what you have in mind of course...

As for the microchip, you can easily use this in any PC, and copy the pics across to the folder where you keep all - er - those other pics, by 'dragging and dropping'!

(Think I'd better stop at this juncture..;0)

Mine is triggered by movement detected by any of the 3 sensors on the front (one straight ahead and the others left and right) and can be set to take still pictures only (1 -9 images), video only or still and video. it can also be used for interval recording/time lapse and timed. It will record sound in video mode.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 19:12 »
If you need something to read the cards, Kingston do a tiny generic SD/MicroSD card reader that fits into any USB port and the PC recognises it immediately.

Mine is a Kingston MobileLite G4 and should cost well under a tenner.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 19:51 »
  I have mine set from 8 at night to 7 in morning. It captures 3 images then if creature still there it records a 1 minute film. I've had hedgehogs actually hibernating in a Hogg house. 2 hogs scrapping and being knocked off a wall. Baby hogs with adults. A rat waiting till h oggy had gone. And a very close up image of a spider. The best thing I had was a hog chasing and catching a frog.  :( :ohmy:

wighty

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 19:57 »
We just have a light on the garage that comes on when something      passes it.  We then know that Boris (the badger) is i n the garden.  He's now got so used to us shining a torch out into the garden that he ignores us.  The grandsons were fascinated.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 17:50 »
I have seen them as we have a Bushnell account for sunglasses, they look very well made and the quality is good, I have the rep coming in a few weeks so I can ask him if he has any photos etc.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 21:12 »
This thread has convinced me, I'm going to have to get one of these, then I can finally witness the ******** fox who keeps fouling in my raised beds  :D

xx
List the wild life in your garden or allotment...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post July 14, 2019, 11:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Importing pic from camera via USB problem.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 04, 2019, 18:38
by Growster...
xx
Problem downloading pics from a new camera

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post July 20, 2019, 18:43
by DanielCoffey
xx
Language :Car Battery

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post January 27, 2019, 14:24
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 50 queries.