Human 'cake'

• 5 Replies

MoreWhisky

Human 'cake'
« on: February 26, 2013, 22:38 »
Im recently working at a water waste treatment works, im sure you realize they treat human waste.

Anyway they have piles (lol) of this  black sooty substance they call  'cake', today with the lotty in mind i had a walk over to the substance to have an investigate. I was surprised there  is no smell and when u pick it up its very like a dry compost mix and leaves your hand very clean when u drop it, if you know what i mean. Seems like good stuff tho if you didnt know what it was im sure you would say thats seems good stuff what is it.

i can have as much as this stuff as i like , but im not sure , if i did take some im wouldn tell the wife lol.   

So who would put it on the plot?

Cheers MW.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Human 'cake'
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 22:55 »
Brian used to have a friend who worked at a sewage treatment plant years ago.  He always tells me the story of when his friend let him take a lorry load of this 'cake' away.  He had a landscaping business at the time, mid summer and he was laying new lawns for people.

Anyway, he put this 'cake' under some of these lawns.  A couple of weeks later one of the customers called him.  It's about that lawn you laid.  Brian said well if its gone brown, you haven't watered it like I told you to.  Brown?  the man said, no, it's the only green lawn in the street, what on earth did you do to it?

So I would say yes, take it.  Don't tell the wife if you think she'd object.  But I'd have some if I could.  Saves it getting wasted.

I mean, what do they do with it?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:32 »
there's a previous discussion here, if it helps
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=31737.msg596536#msg596536

You can actually buy it from some catalogues and it is expensive...........

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 19:46 »
I visited a sewage works in 1976 and the sludge beds were covered with tomato plants.
Tomato seeds will often grow after having been eaten.
The men used to collect the tomatoes and sell them on the market.
They were very tasty.

habanerohead

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 20:59 »
The front lawn at my parents house was where the builders had their Khazi (basically a pit with a seat and tiny hut over it), and for about 40 years afterwards that square patch was always the greenest bit.

Cheers.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 21:16 »
I visited a sewage works in 1976 and the sludge beds were covered with tomato plants.
Tomato seeds will often grow after having been eaten.
The men used to collect the tomatoes and sell them on the market.
They were very tasty.

That's what Brian's friend used to do, it wasn't the same sewerage works was it??    :lol: :lol:

If you think of it.  Although we eat tomatoes, we don't chew the seeds, so they just go through our systems whole.  so yes, tomatoes do grow well on the human cake!!   :) :)

xx
plastic cake keepers

Started by mumofstig on Frugal Living

8 Replies
Last post May 16, 2012, 22:26
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.