RED MITE!!!

• 25 Replies

Brambles

Re: RED MITE!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 18:45 »
THANK YOU ALL... Both for the info and for the giggles!  Will def. buy some Milbenex... Just one question (sorry)  Can you put chooks straight back in after using Milbenex? :)

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 16:25 »
Oppps sorry for the delay in answer.  I am not sure I will have to read the label..... I have in the past just waited till it dried.
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

jo40

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 18:31 »
I have question :)
is milbenex for the outside of the house, can it be used inside to stay on top of mite?
Thanks Jo

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 19:04 »
Inside the house.   ::)

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 20:50 »
My fave subject.  Creocote is useless against redmite.
As are most anti red mote powders and sprays, I have not tried milbenex yet and I'd be very interested to hear from those that have.

Traditionally the one step solution was creosote. The EU has seen fit to ban sales of this for amateur users on the basis of one report that suggested it MIGHT be carcinogenic.

So thanks to the euro muppets only professional users can BUY Creosote now. So if you need your red mite eradicating you have to call in a professional to do it for you.

So legally you can still have your coop treated but you just need to be a professional user to do so or get a pro to do it for you. I see a lot of rubbish written about creosote, none of it backed by science or facts. The fact that it's been used for a very long time to treat coops with not a single reported ill effect tells me a lot more than idiots in the EU.

IF any of the anti's have a reasoned structured argument against using creosote in coops and can back opinion with science then I'm all ears.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 20:51 by Hensington »

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 20:56 »
And breath.

Do you feel better now you have that off your chest Hensington?

karlooben

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 21:58 »
lmao at u rough and auntie  :lol: :lol: :lol: u guys are so funny .

and thanks for this post now i know what i need to order as well  :D

p.s any idea how much it is ??
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 22:01 by karlooben »
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 22:06 »
Please note that it is not as straightforward as simply getting a professional in to creosote your coop.

The law clearly states that creosote can only be used by professionals for re-treatment of wood in situ (or for industrial installations, which is hardly the issue here).

Therefore if wood has not previously been treated it cannot be treated with creosote for the first time.  Given that creosote has been banned for first use since 2003, it is highly unlikely that most amateur users will have coops which fit this description.

I would also remind members of the site policies, which ask people not to turn topics into controversial or hotly debated issues.  This is not the place for that.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Foxy

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 22:20 »
Well  have been using Milbenex for around 3 years, I had tried everything else ,apart from Milbenex. Since using I have been redmite free, apart from a few in a broody house I didn't treat, which after one application went. I have 9 wooden sheds.
My neighbours have a large shed infested with red mite(an inch thick and looked like water as they moved) they told me tonight, so I have made up a 750ml spray bottle for them to try. It is so bad I could them crawling over their arms, really horrible! Despite that I have checked all my houses and haven't found one.
I know that a lot of experienced breeders use creosote, it is extremely effective. Everyone is entitled to use what they choose as long as the facts are clear,and, as there is a EU restriction in place we cannot advocate the usage here, its as simple as that. :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 23:35 »
I know that a lot of experienced breeders use creosote, it is extremely effective. Everyone is entitled to use what they choose as long as the facts are clear,and, as there is a EU restriction in place we cannot advocate the usage here, its as simple as that. :)

As Foxy says, Hensington...

I find it really annoying that I can no longer obtain a very safe and effective herbicide, Amcide, because they wouldn't undertake LD50 tests. However the law is the law and I don't advocate trying to find it and use it.

Please drop your hobby horse or take it elsewhere, your choice.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 11:08 »
I'll give milbenex a try then Foxy ta for the info.

Who is in charge of policing this legislation? Just wondering as every chinese flat pack I have ever seen has been originally treated with a cresote based preserver to give it that reddy brown look. Which would make importing and selling them illegal, so at least some good would come of the legislation if it meant chinese flat packs would be banned:)

xx
Ulti-mite red mite treatment

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 08:03
by ehs284
xx
Red Mite v Red Spider Mite

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 20:03
by Miss Bean
xx
Is red mite the same as red spider mite?

Started by Carla on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 14:47
by Carla
xx
Red Mite

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 22:24
by mumsy

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 38 queries.