Plant pot storage.

• 4 Replies

Goneterseed

• Experienced Member
Plant pot storage.
« on: March 23, 2016, 22:12 »
This really niggles me. I have hundreds of different size plant pots and they really get in my way/can't find the sizes that I need when I need them.
Has anyone got any ideas for storing them in their sizes?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Plant pot storage.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 22:35 »
I have 4 deep plastic baskets under the staging on 1 side of the 6ft green house, and all the pots modules and seed trays are stacked in those, in different sizes. For the smaller pots, I'm gradually changing over to square pots as they seem the most efficient use of space.

They begin to get a bit muddled by the end of the year, so in late Winter they get sorted out, ready to start again.

maddave

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:56 »
My previous plot owner screwed a number of food crate baskets to the side of the shed and all the pots are in there. They are quite organised and they are kept off the ground.
Crates look like these:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:57 by maddave »

3759allen

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:31 »
i find the only way is to sort them into 3 or 4 different sizes, and use one bag/ box/ crate for each size. i throw any in between sizes, as they just clutter up and not really much use.

i know it seems like a waste of money but may be worth trying to get some brand new pots how ever many you need of each size especially the smaller ones (they may only sell them in thousands so may have to find some to share an order),  they will stack a lot easier.

gremlin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 20:07 »
Storing assorted sizes drove me mad so I ruthlessly standardized on 3 sizes from the same manufacturer.  3", 5" and 9". Each spring I wash and reuse about 500 pots, mostly 3" ones.  It's quite a nice job, sitting out on  a sunny day like last Friday.  I've changed to Milton sterilizing tablets as Mrs Gremlin has banned me returning home smelling of Jeyes!

I cant seem to standardize seed trays, as Stewart seems to change their design every year and they don't quite stack together, but I only have about 30 so it is just about OK
Sometimes my plants grow despite, not because of, what I do to them.

xx
Storage

Started by Jax64 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 21:08
by Jax64
xx
onion storage

Started by A Reyt Tayty on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 08, 2012, 22:35
by aligemini
xx
Fish Box Storage

Started by intraclast on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 04, 2010, 18:50
by DD.
xx
onion storage

Started by hanssg on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2018, 16:44
by Aidy

Page created in 0.379 seconds with 40 queries.