wyevale seed sale

• 87 Replies

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: wyevale seed sale
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 21:07 »
Now updated my list and thinking how I can get over to Dorking without the wife telling me I don't need any more seeds. I'm now sorting them by type and year they expire so I use them in the correct order - I also list the amount of seeds in a pack.

I have an excel spreadsheet too. My squash section looks like your salad onion section.  :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39 »
:lol: :lol:. We really are no good in this seedaholics self help group are we  :lol:

Presently I have enough unopened seed packets to cover my entire new plot!!

I must keep away from "special offers" and cost savers.. although I could line my shed with seed packets... now there's a thought.  ::)  :tongue2:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Paul Plots

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 01:41 »
I thought I was organised just by putting an elastic bag around the the lettuce packs, the squash packs etc :lol:

That's my kind of organization  :lol:

Mine too but then you need lots of trays, boxes and units to store them all in alphabetically.... or do you store by sowing date?

I do that later at the start of a new growing year.

cadalot

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 07:53 »

Mine too but then you need lots of trays, boxes and units to store them all in alphabetically.... or do you store by sowing date?

Both  :nowink: I have a box with 3 plastic boxes that hold plastic reseal able bags that all the current seeds live in and that I work from and I now have a large plastic tool box and another plastic tool box full of all the seed that are rubber banned by type in date of use order. - Very OCD but it works for me

Large seeds from big packs like beetroot live in tic tac boxes

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 08:42 »
Now updated my list and thinking how I can get over to Dorking without the wife telling me I don't need any more seeds. I'm now sorting them by type and year they expire so I use them in the correct order - I also list the amount of seeds in a pack.

I buy multiple packets in case they are not available in the sale next year ... (only of things with reasonable shlf life though)

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24 »
So it looks like I need to organise my seeds better than either in a plastic bag or sort of alphabetically in a tin  :nowink:

That's a job for a cold rainy day then  :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:25 by Ma Lowe »

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28 »
So it looks like I need to organise my seeds better than either in a plastic bag or sort of alphabetically in a tin  :nowink:

That's a job for a cold rainy day then  :)

There are a lot of those coming in a bit. Stir-crazy days!

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 13:40 »
Went to local yesterday, didn't realise it was currently gardening club members only.. so quickly signed up at the till! £28.36 of seeds for £4. Off to the other local one today as didn't get everything on my list. Being very restrained this year and ONLY buying things I need!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 14:22 »
ONLY buying things I need!

My brain always tries to tell me I need everything  :wacko:

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 16:22 »
OMG!! :ohmy:

My local big garden centre (italicised because it does a lot more than just gardening) Endsleigh happened to have a 50p sale when we happened to arrive there this afternoon, looking for something entirely different.

HONESTLY! We did go up for something else. ;)

My surprise was due to the fact that Endsleigh is well overpriced for just about everything - all of the time!
So to catch them selling ANYTHING off cheap (unlike Otters who DIDN'T have a 50p seed sale on - everything full price which surprised me) was perhaps the big shock of the year!! :lol:

So my dear debit card was made lighter by the grand sum of £11.50 for what should have cost me £51.77 ;)

Bargain!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Apart from feeling sick again, I am a happy seedaholic :)

cadalot

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 16:55 »
DBG - Hope you feel better soon - The manager from the Lower Morden store informs me the selling off is a rumour at the moment, he has been and looked at this thread and will feed back that we generally like the seed up on the racking - lets face it they could just consolidate what's left on one line of racking and keep reducing the length for a couple of weeks.

Visit to Dorking planned tomorrow as long as the new mattress is coming before or after my window of opportunity - Yes Mrs Cadalot is around her sisters and I'm free to travel to look at seeds.

We are the seed borg we will accumulate as many seed that fit the criteria i.e. use by date as possible without over stocking. That reminds me I now need to find somewhere to plant Asparagus and mini sweet corn which currently aren't in my master plan for 2015     

Allotment Plan for 2015.jpg

Willow_Warren

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 16:59 »
That is a very pretty plan and mighty organised!

Hannah :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 17:06 »
Was forced to visit Wyevale in Thatcham by a friend, and was pleasantly surprised that they had left the 50p seed packets all neatly on their racks, not thrown them all in a heap. How civilised  :D :D

Bought seeds for next year's runner beans and some peas, plus a pink cherry tomato, cylindrical beetroot, lemon yellow sunflowers, summer chrysanths, some new sweetpeas and spiky dahlias.

never grown dahlias from seed but for 50p thought it worth a try ;)

£28.18 worth for 35.50 is OK by me  :D :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 17:08 »
£28.18 worth for 35.50 is OK by me   

It wouldn't be ok if I was paying  ::)  :lol:

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 17:08 »
Was forced to visit Wyevale in Thatcham by a friend, and was pleasantly surprised that they had left the 50p seed packets all neatly on their racks, not thrown them all in a heap. How civilised  :D :D

Bought seeds for next year's runner beans and some peas, plus a pink cherry tomato, cylindrical beetroot, lemon yellow sunflowers, summer chrysanths, some new sweetpeas and spiky dahlias.

never grown dahlias from seed but for 50p thought it worth a try ;)

£28.18 worth for 35.50 is OK by me  :D :D
I hope you mean £5.50 sunshine! :unsure:

smiley
Annual 50p-a-Packet seed sale at Garden Centre Group / Wyevale

Started by Kristen on Frugal Living

76 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 10:04
by joyfull
xx
Wyevale sale

Started by snowdrops on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 06:52
by cadalot
xx
Wyevale Sale

Started by DD. on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post July 20, 2011, 14:10
by whiskywill
xx
Wyevale 50p sale is on...

Started by surbie100 on Frugal Living

17 Replies
Last post September 01, 2015, 08:01
by New shoot

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 33 queries.