new plot

• 2 Replies

bunch29

new plot
« on: May 07, 2009, 18:52 »
Hi
so excited I have just been given a plot of land to use :D I was offered one before but it did'nt end up happening and now I definately have a pretty big space to use in a village not far from me, am making a start this weekend.

It is in the countryside really and backs onto fields. The house was an old gatehouse which still belongs to an estate and its my mums friend who lives in it and has done for 27years and still works as a housekeeper for the main house. She has been looking for someone to use her garden for sometime and has said I can do whatever I like with a rather large space.

Its a blank canvas apart from a couple of apple and plum trees but there does seem to be a problem with rabbits and possibly deer just wondered what the best thing to do to protect the produce from the little bliters as im not used to having to deal with them being in a town.

Just gotta work quick now to get the most out of the season any ideas wha tot do first and how to stop the rabbits ?

Ta

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: new plot
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 19:39 »
Congrats on getting the plot,

You'll find some comments on the rabbits / deer question on this thread.

I think it boils down to needing to put fencing or other physical barrier up.

Note to other members - if we can avoid getting into a heated debate on the pro's and con's of the use of guns, that would be appreciated after all the difficulties recent discussions have caused.  Pretty please.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

bunch29

Re: new plot
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:10 »
Ta For that,  was a good read Iam thinking it will be easier to bed the fencing into the lawn 9in out rather then dig it downwards if this works its a bit of trial and error I suppose :)

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
We've got our second plot

Started by brucesgirl on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 14, 2007, 18:56
by wildeone
xx
new plot

Started by razzmick on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 12:41
by TerryB

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 38 queries.