ANOTHER new plot

• 1 Replies

Caddi fuller-teabags

• Experienced Member
ANOTHER new plot
« on: March 01, 2009, 00:19 »
Just to recap

We first got an allotment three years ago. It had not been tended for years and was overgrown with brambles. It was just a large square patch of bramble and nettles. We did our best with it, but there was no shelter and no shed, so I could only stay there for an hour or so before I needed to go back home to the loo!

We asked if we could swap plots when a more recently tended plot with a shed and very elderly, rickety greenhouse became vacant. It was a large plot that had become overgrown. We took three loads of junk to the tip in our large car in one day - and there were other trips throughout the year. The man before us used to plant guttering (complete with plastic bags of screws), metal pipes and glass.

Then I hurt my back and hubby started having chest pains and we were unable to keep the whole plot tidy.

Then we were offered a new 1/2 plot and so we are working on that now. I don't want to move again! We have bought a shed and had it fitted, and today we went to work on it.
We think we have: blackcurrants, gooseberries, an apple tree and possibly a cherry (or it might be plum or pear). There is also rhubarb, loads of strawberry plants, and raspberries. Of course we also have blackberries, but we may have a loganberry too.

Just to make my life complete there are Jerusalem artichokes!

I have put some lettuce and herbs on my windowsill to move to my coldframe soon!

pictures of my plot:

We went over today and I cleared the coldframe and burnt a load of junk and generally tidied up.  Even weeding is a joy at the moment. After not being able to do anything because of the back problems, it is just so brilliant to get out there and get my hands in the soil again.  Can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Caddi

(no longer getting my kicks at plot 66, I just dig my plot 3a!)
I get my kicks on Plot 66!

Trillium

Re: ANOTHER new plot
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 00:52 »
Half a plot that brings joy is better than a whole plot full of back pain. Looks like you're managing it well now. Keep up the good work.

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
new plot

Started by amurdin on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 18:51
by amurdin
xx
A new plot again!

Started by Caddi fuller-teabags on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 07, 2008, 16:46
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.489 seconds with 38 queries.