Replacment rotovator

• 6 Replies

SimonH

Replacment rotovator
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:41 »
I have finally decided to change my Landmaster 88 which has given me sterling service for the past 30 years but need some advice as to what to buy to replace it.  I have looked at the Mountfield range and the Appache Euro 5
but one of the useful features of the Landmaster was the ability to remove the outside tines to enable me to break up the soil between rows of potatoes for earthing up.  Can anyone recommend  a good quality machine that will do this?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Simon

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
Re: Replacment rotovator
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 17:05 »
Would a Mantis be man enough for the job?  Very happy with mine, but it wouldn't break new ground or anything heavy duty like that, but it works a treat to get my beds ready in the Srping.

SimonH

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31 »
I have just been looking through the tillers advertised below on this section by Titan.  They look impressive, has anyone got one?

Simon

Sparkyrog

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 21:07 »
Would a Mantis be man enough for the job?  Very happy with mine, but it wouldn't break new ground or anything heavy duty like that, but it works a treat to get my beds ready in the Srping.
I used mine to dig trenches on ground that hadn't been touched for 20 years right against a hedge to put rabbit wire in ! it went straight down to full depth on very dry compacted soil with no problems ,just had to clear it of hedge roots now and again  :)
I cook therefore I grow

SimonH

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37 »
Well, I have taken the plunge and ordered a Ardisam Earthquake Badger 800pro, principally because this was the only medium priced machine that allows me to alter the width of tilling.  It has three widths, from 30cm to 50cm so I will be able to go between the rows of potatoes to loosen the soil for earthing up and between close rows of other plants.
I will let you all know how it performs.

Regds

Simon

Steveharford

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 16:32 »
Hi Simon
I have had an Ardnisam earthquake for a couple of years. Awesome machine which copes well with Virgin ground but also produces a lovely fine tilth. You won't be disappointed. Steve
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 17:55 by Steveharford »

SimonH

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:03 »
Took delivery of my new Ardisam Earthquake rotorvator yesterday.   No serious use yet but so far the tilling I have done with it is absolutely brilliant.  It is a very well made machine and very versatile in that I can till with three different widths.

Regds

Simon

exclamation
Old rotovator

Started by tinker179 on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 10:54
by tinker179
xx
Rotovator Help

Started by dazza on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post January 11, 2009, 21:28
by Gwiz
xx
Rotovator

Started by alexroyall85 on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post March 15, 2018, 19:23
by DanielCoffey
xx
Can you help me with my rotovator?

Started by plodslot on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post June 08, 2007, 18:50
by plodslot

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 38 queries.