Plants for Tubs

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Plants for Tubs
« on: March 30, 2019, 00:35 »
Instead of the usual bedding plants, I am thinking something a bit different.  I saw it in a magazine in the audio waiting area, and was too embarrassed to take it out with me  :blush:  Any ideas please of something to put together.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Plants for Tubs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:56 »
Herbs look good in tubs, edibles like tomatoes,beans,onions,beetroot,chard. Succulents, small colourful shrubs,with a grass,summer bulb
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 07:58 »
Do you have a mobile phone that takes photos, if you’re in that situation again take a photo of the page. I take photos of prices on the shelves in shops et if I want to compare prices in another shop. I also take photos of plant names in gardens I visit.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:07 »
 when i designed our sunken garden i knew it would comprise of walls and slabs that'e refered to by the NGS in there handbook as a courtyard garden so all the courtyard garden comprises cattle troughs and large pots with only a small open garden round the fish pond

so what to plant up well the troughs have some perinnial planting but we need to plant up all the tubs each seaso with something new so i plan for the next season six months ahead when i recieve my plant catalouge around the end of September to order our plants the plant company concerned does have an open day so one can see the both colour and new varieties

and i have to say this does not come cheep but to chieve a good display for our open day that we need to atract our paying customer that support our charities but we also get people admiring our garden throughout the season and we to enjoiy sitting in the garden surounded by both colour and scent

now having sais all that i think if i was planning my pots for ouselves it would be seed raised and I'M in favoure of climbing plants with colour that you could consider planting runner beans one of my favourits is painted lady an old variety but still ofering a good colour depending on the size of your pots

grinling

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 20:02 »
container runner beans, grows as a small bush, cascading over the side

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 19:11 »
have grew runner beans up tripods in pots depending on the variety painted lady comes to mind  for good colour just the ticket :D

xx
dahlias in tubs

Started by rowlandwells on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post February 06, 2019, 19:44
by Yorkie
xx
What goes in tubs after daffs?

Started by Yana on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 09, 2014, 16:29
by Yana
xx
flower tubs

Started by rowlandwells on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post October 10, 2011, 16:38
by Yorkie
xx
Flower Tubs - what seeds?

Started by GreenDavie on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2010, 22:37
by Spana

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 41 queries.