Red mite products.

• 0 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Red mite products.
« on: September 05, 2011, 20:44 »
The following products are suitable for the back yard poultry keeper and do not need a license to use them:-

Poultry Shield,

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, also known as diatom, D.E. Be careful not to inhale too much as it does contain silica (which can be beneficial if eaten but should not be inhaled too often).

Harkers Mitex, contains Cypermethrine

Blow Torch (not recommended for plastic coops though  ;)),

Steam cleaner - best with a larger industrial one and ideally this should be carried out on ground away from where your birds are kept,

Smite organic (which is Diatom),

Smite Professional
- please do not be fooled by the name as I did enquire and received the following reply:-
Good afternoon Joy,
Firstly, I must apologise for the long delay in responding to your enquiry – we have been unusually busy.
Smite Professional is 100% safe for back-garden chicken keepers to use on red mite.  It is suitable for all animal housing and can be applied using a hand sprayer.  Just take care that it doesn't touch the birds and you’ll be fine!
There is also no need for a license to use Smite.
If you have any further queries regarding this very effective and innovative product, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  I hope you have a good week!
Many thanks,
Carrie Grinnell
Customer Service
On behalf of
PestTrappa

If you know of any other treatment please pm myself or another moderator and we can add it to the list  :).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:39 by joyfull »
Staffies are softer than you think.

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 39 queries.